On Air The Rookie (Season 1) [ABC]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
rookie art2.jpg

Nathan Fillion
plays John Nolan, the oldest rookie in the LAPD. At an age where most are at the peak of their career, Nolan cast aside his comfortable, small town life and moved to L.A. to pursue his dream of being a cop. Now, surrounded by rookies twenty years his junior, Nolan must navigate the dangerous, humorous and unpredictable world of a “young” cop, determined to make his second shot at life count.

Teaser:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I love Fillion, but I'm not going to invest in another show that I know ABC will just go ahead and cancel. I put eight years into Castle and then they canned it.

I love Fillion, but I'm not going to invest in another show that I know ABC will just go ahead and cancel. I put eight years into Castle and then they canned it.

Better then FOX... 1 year... *Cough* Firefly *Cough* lol

Castle had 8 years and they were good years. I even felt like the ending worked too. It was time for it to end.
Actually At the time I was happy because it meant Fillion could go off and do something new. Maybe do movies... Maybe Uncharted! haha

But sadly, he jumps back in to a regular tv series, a generic cop show too. (i'll probably still check it out tho)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Better then FOX... 1 year... *Cough* Firefly *Cough* lol

Castle had 8 years and they were good years. I even felt like the ending worked too. It was time for it to end.
Actually At the time I was happy because it meant Fillion could go off and do something new. Maybe do movies... Maybe Uncharted! haha

But sadly, he jumps back in to a regular tv series, a generic cop show too. (i'll probably still check it out tho)

See, I hated the Castle ending. It felt rushed and forced. I wish it could've had one more season to properly wrap (especially since its dedicated Caskett fanbase committed eight years to it). And honestly, I could've watched that show forever. There wasn't one season where I was displeased. It was consistently solid and the chemistry between the cast (on-screen, anyway) was phenomenal! I was very, very bummed when it was canceled. Bones was a show that overstayed its welcome and yet FOX gave it the time to properly wrap up. I knew that Fillion wouldn't get Uncharted and I knew that he'd never get a proper push in film, so I was happy with him at Castle. Now he's starring in this -- as you said -- generic-looking cop show and I feel bad for the guy. I guarantee this gets canned after a year. (n)

See, I hated the Castle ending. It felt rushed and forced. I wish it could've had one more season to properly wrap (especially since its dedicated Caskett fanbase committed eight years to it). And honestly, I could've watched that show forever. There wasn't one season where I was displeased. It was consistently solid and the chemistry between the cast (on-screen, anyway) was phenomenal! I was very, very bummed when it was canceled. Bones was a show that overstayed its welcome and yet FOX gave it the time to properly wrap up. I knew that Fillion wouldn't get Uncharted and I knew that he'd never get a proper push in film, so I was happy with him at Castle. Now he's starring in this -- as you said -- generic-looking cop show and I feel bad for the guy. I guarantee this gets canned after a year. (n)

I do agree, Castle was a great show. My wife and I looked forward to watching it every week.
But I don't think you can blame ABC for the cancelation of it. Blame Stana Katic. Apparently behind the scenes was a lot of drama with her.
ABC even considered doing another season of the show WITHOUT her. But the creators felt like it wouldn't be right to the fans to do that.
(a lot of that is rumors... so who knows whats true)

I do agree, Castle was a great show. My wife and I looked forward to watching it every week.
But I don't think you can blame ABC for the cancelation of it. Blame Stana Katic. Apparently behind the scenes was a lot of drama with her.
ABC even considered doing another season of the show WITHOUT her. But the creators felt like it wouldn't be right to the fans to do that.
(a lot of that is rumors... so who knows whats true)

Yeah, it's all rumours and speculation. I read that Fillion was quite the jerk to Katic and only played nice with the boys on the show. Oh, well... it's all done with now. Such a shame. Will forever be one of my favourite shows.

Yeah, it's all rumours and speculation. I read that Fillion was quite the jerk to Katic and only played nice with the boys on the show. Oh, well... it's all done with now. Such a shame. Will forever be one of my favourite shows.

Fillion and Jerk aren't two words I tend to think of together... hmmm.