Release date: November 7, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: 4K UHD disc only - SteelBook Gloss Finish - Cardboard Slipcover

81ZpIOJy8sL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Note
As usual with Amazon UK listings that have not gone live yet

It could still end up been a exclusive with another retailer or be trade wide release
As in might be a Zavvi Exclusive

At the moment It's not listed as dual format so might end up been just 1 Disc 4K UHD

When customers get delivery only then will it be known for sure

Same. And I have the last Running Man steel which was actually gorgeous. And the Capelight mediabook. Unless it's a new transfer and its amazing compared to the Capelight one I'm not sure I can justify the double dip here. Especially as the design is really just meh.
Disc will be almost identical as the capelight bud.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
The slip and inner art are nice. The rest is rubbish. I would like this in 4K, depending on whether we have Dolby vision and a soundtrack upgrade. I’m usually a purist, but I quite enjoyed the lions gate 7.1 mix, so it would be nice to have a choice of soundtracks. So it all depends on what 4K brings to the sound and picture, and what the steelbook is going to cost over a regular 4K disc. (It’s supposed to have Dolby vision and 7.1 surround and a 66GB disc).

Doesn't mean it cant be using the same master they have access to though.
It would not be the same as Paramount will have done their own encoding of a 4K transfer

It would be a different encoding to Caperlight release

What makes a difference is how a encoding is done in regards to UHD or Blu-ray release

This is a Paramount release
Same release that USA is getting

Has nothing to do with Germany Caperlight release
I know, but the capelight release also had paramounts stamp on it... lol i can near enough guarantee you the transfer will be identical paul, save for any capelight intro.

Paramount will not have derived a separate master, encoding will of course be different though. 100gb disc with 4 losses tracks vs a 66gb disc and probably just the one track.

Last edited:
not a fan of the art for the steelbook. the slip is good though. The previous steelbook with the drawing was a bit off too. what is wrong with using theatrical posters for art?

I know, but the capelight release was also paramount... lol i can near enough guarantee you the transfer will be identical paul, save for any capelight intro.
Using same 4K transfer does not mean will be the same disc

It's all about how the encoding is done in regards to a Blu-ray or UHD

Example Arrow and Caperlight do their own encoding for their releases and why they look different to Film Studios own 4K UHD or Blu-ray releases

Using same 4K transfer does not mean will be the same disc

It's all about how the encoding is done in regards to a Blu-ray or UHD

Example Arrow and Caperlight do their own encoding for their releases and why they look different to Film Studios own 4K UHD or Blu-ray releases
I understand that. It won't be the same disc, course not. The encoding and on disc content will vary, but it'll be the same base 4k master used.