Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 7, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: 4K UHD disc only - SteelBook Gloss Finish - Cardboard Slipcover

81ZpIOJy8sL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
If I didn't have a really nice steel and the 4k mediabook, it would be an easy buy for me. As it stands though I'm torn.
I also have that nice steelbook, only went for the UK blue vs red background one, which didn't have a bonus disc, but included cards and a pin. So got that German mediabook as well, but before it got reissued with a UHD disc, so my choice is easier of buying this new steel not just for a steelbook, but the 4K disc as well. :wacky:

Amazon UK order payment taken

Lot of amazon UK orders recently have been dispatched after release date

At least when is dispatched I get delivery in 1-2 days

I'm not impressed with the steelbook or the disc. The slip has better artwork. The disc...possibly the worst menu photo I have ever seen...(it makes the menu for Shooter look classy!)

trm.jpg

Also (and it's a rhetorical question), why, if this is a UK release, do I have to sit through an FBI/Homeland security piracy notice and a 'this movie is rated R' message?
Then there's the pause for input at the language selection screen. No wonder people use streaming services or Plex/Kodi type systems.

I'm going to compare the 4k disc to my blu ray. This will probably be a 'catch and release' steelbook.

Reactions: Noodles
Oh, and something that just came to me that I'd never thought about before. Did I miss a cultural reference?

After the guys have their collars removed, Ben Richards says

See you guys at the 10-year prison reunion.
(Laughlin)-You can still join us if you want to.

No, thank you. My brother's going to get me out of the city. Plus, I'm not into politics. I'm into survival.

Then Laughlin says - Nowadays, Fritz, it's the same thing.

Why does Laughlin call Ben Richards Fritz?

Oh, and something that just came to me that I'd never thought about before. Did I miss a cultural reference?

After the guys have their collars removed, Ben Richards says

See you guys at the 10-year prison reunion.
(Laughlin)-You can still join us if you want to.

No, thank you. My brother's going to get me out of the city. Plus, I'm not into politics. I'm into survival.

Then Laughlin says - Nowadays, Fritz, it's the same thing.

Why does Laughlin call Ben Richards Fritz?
His accent maybe?

Reactions: Gadget
Also (and it's a rhetorical question), why, if this is a UK release, do I have to sit through an FBI/Homeland security piracy notice and a 'this movie is rated R' message?
Then there's the pause for input at the language selection screen. No wonder people use streaming services or Plex/Kodi type systems.
Funny you should say this, as I literally just popped a blu-ray on last night for the first time in forever (purely been streaming for the past year or so) and forgot just how much unskippable gunf is played before you even get to the main menu.

Reactions: Gadget
Funny you should say this, as I literally just popped a blu-ray on last night for the first time in forever (purely been streaming for the past year or so) and forgot just how much unskippable gunf is played before you even get to the main menu.
Stuff like that last about 5 seconds. Are you really that impatient?

I'm not impressed with the steelbook or the disc. The slip has better artwork. The disc...possibly the worst menu photo I have ever seen...(it makes the menu for Shooter look classy!)

View attachment 545100

I'm going to compare the 4k disc to my blu ray. This will probably be a 'catch and release' steelbook.
FBI/Homeland security piracy notice when disc loads
Paramount and Warner home media releases been like this decades with UK DVD/Blu-ray/UHD releases it's nothing new

Reactions: Flloydo