Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 7, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £29.99
Notes: 4K UHD disc only - SteelBook Gloss Finish - Cardboard Slipcover

81ZpIOJy8sL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, meant ads, not trailers. You moron.
@Noodles
Your DVD/Blu-ray/UHD player remote control
When a trailer starts playing just click Top Menu button on remote to take you to disc main menu to slip trailers/ads
If that don't work Just keep clicking next chapter button on remote to skip each trailer etc to get to disc main menu

Majority of discs trailers/ads can be skipped quickly using remote control
There is a only a tiny number of home media discs releases from some foreign labels when they can't be skipped

@Noodles
Your DVD/Blu-ray/UHD player remote control
When a trailer starts playing just click Top Menu button on remote to take you to disc main menu to slip trailers/ads
If that don't work Just keep clicking next chapter button on remote to skip each trailer etc to get to disc main menu

Majority of discs trailers/ads can be skipped quickly using remote control
There is a only a tiny number of home media discs releases from some foreign labels when they can't be skipped
I know all this mate and obviously tried, but it didn't work. It WAS a European disc though and I recall it happening with other discs over the years as well, so certainly not too uncommon.

Stuff like that last about 5 seconds. Are you really that impatient?
Only it doesn’t. The disc pauses for input on the language selection. You don’t choose the language, nothing happens.

From an article back in 2012,

There are two copyright notices, and they last 10 unskippable seconds each. The FBI anti-piracy logo and warning remain, though it's now joined by an intimidating Homeland Security Investigations "Special Agent" badge. That warning, which includes the standard notification that piracy can result in up to five years in jail and a $250,000 fine, runs for 10 seconds after the previews (if present) and before the menu loads.

That’s another 20 seconds. Am I that impatient? Yes. I want to watch a movie, not anti piracy warnings.

Anyway, I finally compared the blu ray with the 4K and I’m impressed enough to keep it. The 4k is, as usual, darker than the blu ray, and colours are stronger. I feel the 4k doesn’t really show it’s strengths until Killian drives to the ICS building. Some 4k discs seem to give people a ‘perma-tan’ appearance but this is more realistic. I noticed Killian’s hair looked better, he’d be pleased by that (don’t touch the hair!)