Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: October 18, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Eureka Store
Price: £29.99

Sieppaa.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Sabata (1969) – Who he is and where he came from, no one knows. But the leading citizens of the Western town of Daugherty think he knows too much. And they want to silence him; forever. Get ready for the fast-paced, explosive action as Lee Van Cleef (For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) stars as Sabata, a mysterious, steely-eyed gunslinger who imposes his bullet-laced brand of justice on the town.

Adiós Sabata (1970) – Yul Brynner (Westworld, The Magnificent Seven) takes the reins as the title character in this action-packed sequel. Under the brutal rule of local garrison leader Colonel Skimmel, a group of Mexican revolutionaries hire gunslinger Sabata to rob a transport of Austrian gold in order to buy weapons. But Colonel Skimmel has other plans, taking the gold for himself and blaming the revolutionaries, but no scheming colonel is going to keep Sabata from earning his pay!

Return of Sabata (1971) – The great Lee Van Cleef returns as the famous freewheeling gunslinger Sabata. This third and final go-round for the enigmatic sharpshooter who administers a unique bran d of justice in the American West in the years following the Civil War finds Sabata in the role of victim. Sabata's skills as a gambler and thief are unparalleled. However, when a shifty band of desperadoes bilks him out of $5,000, he wants revenge!

Special Features:
  • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase [First Print Run of 2000 copies only]
  • Limited Edition Reversible Sleeve featuring original poster artwork for each film [First Print Run of 2000 copies only]
  • 1080p presentations on Blu-ray from High Definition transfers
  • English and Italian audio options
  • Optional English SDH Subtitles
  • Sabata – Brand new feature length audio commentary by author / critic Kim Newman
  • Adiós, Sabata – Brand new feature length audio commentary by filmmaker and historian Mike Siegel
  • Return of Sabata – Brand new feature length audio commentary by authors C. Courtney Joyner & Henry Parke
  • New video pieces on each film by Austin Fisher, author of Radical Frontiers in the Spaghetti Western: Politics, Violence and Popular Italian Cinema
  • Trailers
  • Stills Galleries
  • PLUS: A Limited Edition Collector’s Booklet featuring new writing by Western expert Howard Hughes [First Print Run of 2000 copies only]

*All extras subject to change

happy days. :) so, this has not been a busy thread by any stretch of the imagination :LOL:, but for anyone considering this release, i'd recommend it. here's the run-down and some pics. :Snap:

first up, i had only ever seen the first film before, and i can report that Eureka! have done their usual excellent presentation, and the picture quality is very good. if you have never seen Sabata, it's a much leaner, no fuss sort of spaghetti Western than, say, a Sergio Leone, with a very active protaganist, and some great characters. it's not at the Leone level, but it's definitely fun while it's on. and Lee Van Cleef is excellent, as you'd expect.

OK, so the limited edition slipcover is bright and clear. the ratings logo on the front is not removeable, but there is not a ratings log on the spine. full creds and specifications under the spoiler:

the amaray artwork / sleeve is reversible and has the original posters for all three films, plus one another non-English one for the 2nd film, which features Yul Brenner in the title role (Van Cleef returned for the third). all that under the spoiler.

inside the amaray. the discs all have unique artwork (mirroring the posters), as seen under the spoiler

finally, in the early editions you also get the usual excellent Eureka! booklet, with detailed, informative (and spoilery) essays. it's around 30 pages and stapled. pics of that under the spoiler:

all in all, if you are a fan of Westerns in general, unusual Western weapons (!), or Van Cleef in particular, i'd say this is a good one to check out. :thumbs:

(i was going to put the original trailer in here, but they rammed in lots of the fun bits, so i didn't on account of spoilers).
1642081199143.png

Last edited: