The Saboteur - Open World Paris - Coming December 8th

Jan 29, 2009
The player must make his way through the complex of rooms (consisting of the warehouse, dark underground tunnels and the secret command centre) to find the disk and escape. The player has an energy bar which is depleted by falling too far, crouching under water or being attacked - if the energy bar is completely depleted or if time runs out then it is game over. It can be replenished by standing still and resting if he finds a safe area.

The saboteur can crouch, climb ladder, run and attack enemies by punching and drop-kicking them. He begins with a single shuriken as a weapon and can also utilise improvised weapons (such as bricks and pieces of pipe) found in rubbish piles and boxes around the warehouse. The warehouse contains many security systems the player will need to defeat or avoid. These include guards (who can use hand to hand combat and guns) who stand still and will chase and attack the player if they see him or if he makes too much sound. The guards are assisted by guard dogs and automatic gun emplacements.

Saboteur! also has a difficulty level selection that can be chosen before a game begins. There are several of these and they determine how many guards are on watch, how much time saboteur will have to complete his mission and how easy the route to the disk and helicopter will be (i.e. how many security doors on the way are locked and will need to be opened in some way).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Saboteur main campaign will last 12-18 hours

Pandemic?s Thomas French has let slip that the main campaign in upcoming espionage thriller The Saboteur will clock in at roughly 12-18 hours in length.

Speaking to Destructoid, French commented, ?It?s honestly tough to say exactly how long it would be for someone to do everything,? adding, We?re shooting for the player that just plays straight through the main story to be between 12-18 hours depending on how much the player is sprinting.?

Unsurprisingly, French noted that there?s a bunch of side missions on offer to provide plenty of distractions and help flesh out the proceedings: ?There are a bunch of side missions as well that are easy to get distracted from the main thread going down their path, so add all those things together and you have, well, a lot of game,? he stated.

?I?m sure we?ll get some speed runs that will min-max the entire game and find a faster way through.?

The Saboteur is due out on PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360. A release date has yet to be announced.
________
BODY SCIENCE

Last edited:
The Saboteur strikes in December

Pandemic Studios announced today that its WWII-based action game The Saboteur will be released on December 8. While many big name games have been pushed back to early 2010, it appears Pandemic Studios plans to release the game in time for the holiday shopping season.

The open-world sandbox game features a unique artistic style reminiscent of classic film noir. The game is said to be inspired by a true story, starring Sean Devlin, an Irish racecar driver trapped behind enemy lines in 1940s Nazi-occupied France. As Sean sabotages Nazi efforts in Paris, the city?s environments begin to fill with color, representing Parisians? ability to fight back.

site_saboteur--ss-43.jpg

We certainly look forward to trying The Saboteur. There?s something so intriguing about being able to scale the city?s many historic landmarks and knocking off some Nazis in the process.

The Saboteur will be released on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on December 8.
________
Buy glass bongs

Last edited:
New Saboteur screens look colorful, sort of

The Saboteur is a game based heavily in espionage, transforming your surroundings from black and white into color based on various objectives. That theme resonates well with the latest set of screen shots from Pandemic’s forthcoming World War II title.

The game takes place in Nazi occupied Paris. You play Sean Devlin, who transforms the bleak and depressed black and white cityscape into color by sabotaging the Nazi’s efforts. These latest screens are certainly gorgeous, and we are very excited to see more about this game.

site_saboteur--ss-54.jpg

More Stills: psu.com/The-Saboteur--g276--i.php

MY TAKE ON THIS GAME:

Ok, now that I've spent a good deal of time on this ... I must say its pretty frickin sweet.

If you loved GTA back in the days on PS2 but didnt like GTAIV on ps3 then this game is for you! I guess if you liked GTAIV too it is, none the less ... it's a GTA like game and your an irishman who is in german occupied France during WWII.

The game is in both black and white and color ... when you liberate an area it goes to color. There's missions, driving, saboteur like bombings , climbing (like uncharted), rope gliding ...the works. Really fun, and the shooting mechanics are good too.

Real fun, cool story (really, its good and not lame), lot to do ... I recommend.

I also installed the nudity pack ... o-la-la!

I cant believe I almost didnt give this game the time of day ... I :gamefly: it but I may end up just buying it since there is a good deal to do...

And for the trophy hunters .... finally a game that doesnt care what difficulty you beat the game on. It has diff difficulties but they arent necessary for :platinum:

look at screenshots above ... game is very much like that, albeit those are a tad polished, cut scenes are good though ... esp when you go to the underground caberet and get a 3 chick dance ... optional ;) funny stuff.

Last edited:
MY TAKE ON THIS GAME:

Ok, now that I've spent a good deal of time on this ... I must say its pretty frickin sweet.

If you loved GTA back in the days on PS2 but didnt like GTAIV on ps3 then this game is for you! I guess if you liked GTAIV too it is, none the less ... it's a GTA like game and your an irishman who is in german occupied France during WWII.

The game is in both black and white and color ... when you liberate an area it goes to color. There's missions, driving, saboteur like bombings , climbing (like uncharted), rope gliding ...the works. Really fun, and the shooting mechanics are good too.

Real fun, cool story (really, its good and not lame), lot to do ... I recommend.

I also installed the nudity pack ... o-la-la!

I cant believe I almost didnt give this game the time of day ... I :gamefly: it but I may end up just buying it since there is a good deal to do...

And for the trophy hunters .... finally a game that doesnt care what difficulty you beat the game on. It has diff difficulties but they arent necessary for :platinum:

look at screenshots above ... game is very much like that, albeit those are a tad polished, cut scenes are good though ... esp when you go to the underground caberet and get a 3 chick dance ... optional ;) funny stuff.

sounds pretty sweet,might have to try this

Oh yeah its fun, and for those with kids ... you can toggle the nudity on or off ... and they made the nudity a DLC add on so I guess parents cant go nuts so technically you'd have to buy it first and then you have toggle controls. I believe it was like 1.99.

Of course, there isnt random nudity though, I mean you gotta go looking for it or enter caberets and stuff. The game does start immediately with nudity though if you got the DLC pack just an fyi.

I hated GTA IV, but back when I was younger I loved GTA 3 and Vice City and played some of San Andreas ... I thought with GTA IV that maybe i just outgrown liking those types of games but this one brought it back for me and I like the refreshing idea of doing this via a WWII setting ... with so many WWII games its amazing no one hasnt done a game like this before.

alright gtg merk some Nazi terror squad units that equip flame throwers!

I've been looking to pick this up even though the reviews pretty much slammed it. I';m just waiting for it to drop in price a little more.

You'll like it, seriously ... I think they just slammed it since it was Pandemic and I believe they went out of biz or something ... so I guess to show how impartial they are they slammed this one more than need be! ;p

Actually, the ps3 and 360 versions have worked fine but the PC owners got screwed where the game was literally unplayable for over a month and a half so they got a lot of heat there.

game went gold on all systems seperately.

Man, this game has A LOT to do if you plan on trying to :platinum: ... dont have to play it multiple times but lots of stuff needing to be blown up haha.

I really should just buy this from :gamefly: as I'll be lucky to complete it in time for BFBC2 (but im buying BFBC2 anyways :p)