Taipei, Taiwan
Release date: November 18th, 2016
Purchase link: JSDVD
Price: NT$1220

4716112466561.jpg

123.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hooltra and Actarus
This should be JSDVD for the Taiwan edition :thumbs: ...keep waiting to see it added as a pre-order :cautious:

Thank you:notworthy::drool:
I'll keep a look out for it. I'm still hoping for a uk steelbook, even if it's 2D only and I have to pick up a 3D disc later.. although if this one's not too expensive I'll just get it, I've never used this retailer before so I'll have to check postage and possible import tax before I make an order.
I was laughing throughout the whole film, I thought it was brilliant :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Thank you:notworthy::drool:
I'll keep a look out for it. I'm still hoping for a uk steelbook, even if it's 2D only and I have to pick up a 3D disc later.. although if this one's not too expensive I'll just get it, I've never used this retailer before so I'll have to check postage and possible import tax before I make an order.
I was laughing throughout the whole film, I thought it was brilliant :drool:

Hey don't say anything about the movie I haven't seen yet :grumpy: ...now I'm expected to laugh throughout the whole movie :p

The are great and they will declare at a lesser value if you ask(they declared mine at 20$ for 2 steels as per my request). They package super well in a strong box, they inspect the item first. They really seem to care, they can even combine orders if you email them. They are friendly and helpful. You first pay for the steelbook when you pre-order without paying for the shipping. Only once your order is ready you will be requested to pay shipping. I'd say if you want the 3D Disk, like I do, buy a release of this movie that contains ''both disks'' as opposed to only the blu-ray for now and you will have to spend more later.

I ordered 2 steelbooks and used EMS and I think if I am not mistaken they ended up at 40$ Canadian each which is a really good price to order internationally...even locally.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
Hey don't say anything about the movie I haven't seen yet :grumpy: ...now I'm expected to laugh throughout the whole movie :p

The are great and they will declare at a lesser value if you ask(they declared mine at 20$ for 2 steels as per my request). They package super well in a strong box, they inspect the item first. They really seem to care, they can even combine orders if you email them. They are friendly and helpful. You first pay for the steelbook when you pre-order without paying for the shipping. Only once your order is ready you will be requested to pay shipping. I'd say if you want the 3D Disk, like I do, buy a release of this movie that contains ''both disks'' as opposed to only the blu-ray for now and you will have to spend more later.

I ordered 2 steelbooks and used EMS and I think if I am not mistaken they ended up at 40$ Canadian each which is a really good price to order internationally...even locally.

$40 to ship 2 steelbooks?

Thanks fir the info on the retailer, they sound really good. I think you're right I should just buy the 2 disc steel straight off rather than adding discs later.. I only have added 3D discs to steelbook's that never had a 3D release to begin with so I don't know why I'm thinking about buying two separate releases:confused::LOL:

I know you love cats so I guarantee you will find this film funny and I wouldn't usually say something like that to someone but I have a feeling you'll love it as much as I do:drool: (if im wrong I'll pay for your steelbook:rofl:) I was actually surprised I liked it so much, I hadn't even watched a trailer before I saw the film so I had no expectations, I don't usually watch animation that isn't pixar so I'm really glad I gave it go:cigar:
this and Dory are in my favourite film list for this year, looking forward to watching them both in 3D:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I am so looking forward to this movie it has been on my watch list for a long while now. I stayed away from the trailer(as usual) as I did not want it to ruin the movie for me :bag:

Looking forward to Dori also, haven't seen them yet already pre-ordered both movies looking forward to see them in 3D :drool:

No not 40$ for shipping, the cost of Steelbook including shipping came to 40$ oh wait :cautious: hmmmm but you know what... I think I am confused. I think it was 40$ for the steelbook plus shipping (n):dunno:

But indeed so looking forward to this movie :oohyeah:

003-FUNNY-CAT-MEME.jpg

• Thanks
Any idea when this will be available to pre order?

I've got the amazon.de one ordered at the moment(1 disc), amazon italy states their steel having two discs, not 3D so I assume the second disc is a bonus features disc or a dvd movie disc.amazon Italy also state the release date is Feb 2017 and Nov 25th for amazon Germany :confused: I'm so confused lol

PET Slips ? :cautious: Never saw one with a Pet Slip (n):dunno:

This Movie Title in Taiwan is distributed by Waylen. Is it only Waylen that does the Pet Slips(Waylen do not do 1/4 Slips like Deltamac does) ?

I doubt that Deltamac would do a Pet Slip :wow: ???

@RabbitChen @hung17
The 2nd Huntsman def. had one. The Huntsman: Winter's War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Warcraft looks like it did from the listing. Don't see any in-hand pics of it here
4716112466332.jpg

Hannibal had one too Hannibal: 15th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

• Thanks

Thanks actarus:notworthy::thumbs: at least we know it's definitely 3D.. I'd like to know the price next:)

The thing I don't like about these pet slips is all the unessasary writing and logos etc, stuff that's usually put on a j card is on the slip:confused: why would we want that covering up the steelbook art:confused::wacky::LOL:

The 2nd Huntsman def. had one. The Huntsman: Winter's War (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Warcraft looks like it did from the listing. Don't see any in-hand pics of it here

Hannibal had one too Hannibal: 15th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

From what I can see it's only the ones Distributed by Waylen in Taiwan that they started doing the Pet Slip

The Huntsman
Hannibal
Jason Bourne
The Secret Life of Pets
Warcraft

all these releases are Distributed by Waylen (Universal Releases in Taiwan are all Distributed by Waylen)

The Other film companies are Distributed by Deltamac in Taiwan and still get the usual 1/4 Slip

From what I can see it's only the ones Distributed by Waylen in Taiwan that they started doing the Pet Slip

The Huntsman
Hannibal
Jason Bourne
The Secret Life of Pets
Warcraft

all these releases are Distributed by Waylen (Universal Releases in Taiwan are all Distributed by Waylen)

The Other film companies are Distributed by Deltamac in Taiwan and still get the usual 1/4 Slip
Thanks for that but I don't keep up with who distributes what :D I'm not even sure how I can tell that on JSDVD anyway. All I'm saying is had these releases been like normal TW steels, and not had the PET slips, I might have picked them up...

Thanks actarus:notworthy::thumbs: at least we know it's definitely 3D.. I'd like to know the price next:)

The thing I don't like about these pet slips is all the unessasary writing and logos etc, stuff that's usually put on a j card is on the slip:confused: why would we want that covering up the steelbook art:confused::wacky::LOL:

I have stopped purchasing last year releases Distributed by Waylen(all Universal Releases) as they were doing just regular j-Card, now it seems they moves onto doing Pet Slips...

I only buy from Taiwan the ones Distributed by Deltamac, which do get the 1/4 Slip treatment as we know it.

So now The Secret Life of Pets will not be getting the 1/4 Slip treatment but a Pet Slip :confused: ...However so far it's the only country that I see the Steelbook that comes with 2D and 3D Discs.

Steelbooks with 2D + 3D usualy are around NT $1,200 (38 USD) + Shipping

• Helpful Post
Thanks for that but I don't keep up with who distributes what :D I'm not even sure how I can tell that on JSDVD anyway. All I'm saying is had these releases been like normal TW steels, and not had the PET slips, I might have picked them up...

As a general rule, The Majority of Universal Releases DO NOT come with the usual 1/4 Slip from Taiwan, only regular paper j-card and now they seem to have started with the PET Slips.

if you want to make sure, When you go on jsdvd and select a Steelbook title, you will see at the bottom of the info on the release ''Studio:...." it is where you can see if it is Distributed by Deltamac.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk and wjasoncul