The Shape Of Water (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on Saturday 19th October 6pm UK time )
Price: £19.99

12239416-4594693969518735.jpg

12239416-2314693970093367.jpg 12239416-1904693970151879.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kryptonite
Nice, but does seem the 4K steel was pretty recent, and decent.
9A83BBA8-D95D-489A-9435-5183EE56CFF7.jpeg

To be fair I can think of a few Oscar winners over the years that were so dire (in my books) I had to wonder if they were given out by mistake. The English Patient and The Hurt Locker are two that come to mind...... Not everyone's cup of tea can be Earl Grey.....

To be fair I can think of a few Oscar winners over the years that were so dire (in my books) I had to wonder if they were given out by mistake. The English Patient and The Hurt Locker are two that come to mind...... Not everyone's cup of tea can be Earl Grey.....
I get why this did win Oscars, just not for me. Hated the musical score and the Busby Berkeley style dance sequence made me want to leave the theatre....

Agreed. Not every Oscar winner is going to be everyone's cup of tea. Oscar winner doesn't equate to 'must watch' if it's just not your type of film. There have been plenty of Oscar winners over the years that I have just had no interest in at all. Doesn't necessarily make them a bad film, and individual performances may be great to justify the Oscar(s) but that doesn't mean I must watch it if it's just not my genre or field of interest. I can appreciate good art (in whatever field) for its qualities without necessarily liking it, if you know what I mean.

Agreed. Not every Oscar winner is going to be everyone's cup of tea. Oscar winner doesn't equate to 'must watch' if it's just not your type of film. There have been plenty of Oscar winners over the years that I have just had no interest in at all. Doesn't necessarily make them a bad film, and individual performances may be great to justify the Oscar(s) but that doesn't mean I must watch it if it's just not my genre or field of interest. I can appreciate good art (in whatever field) for its qualities without necessarily liking it, if you know what I mean.

Yep know where you're coming from

Fan of the steelbook but sick at the price . . . wish there was a regular Blu-ray option for around the £15 mark which is about the price of the one coming in France:-
1570901123531.png
One of this mini wave of 5 full gloss titles with 2 looking out of place amongst such company (GRAND BUDAPEST and MISS PEREGRINE):-
1) MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
2) 3 BILLBOARDS
3) THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL
4) THE SHAPE OF WATER
5) MISS PEREGRINE'S SCHOOL FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN

Will wait for actual pic's before deciding on picking this up.

Happy with the the original HMV release but this could turn out nice also having being confirmed to be full gloss finish.

Do think the artworks a bit repetitive though , think they've over-egged it :p and hopefully the reverse spin is just an error.

Totally agree with you @virkia regarding price zavvi seem hell burn on charging £25-30 a steel now by forcing 4K on us.

Will wait for actual pic's before deciding on picking this up.

Happy with the the original HMV release but this could turn out nice also having being confirmed to be full gloss finish.

Do think the artworks a bit repetitive though , think they've over-egged it :p and hopefully the reverse spin is just an error.

Totally agree with you @virkia regarding price zavvi seem hell burn on charging £25-30 a steel now by forcing 4K on us.
Hear what you say about over-egging the steelbook but the egg shape is actually the literal shape of water:-
1570904498974.png

Pretty good for £17.99. Ordered and I will think about if to keep this over HMV’s.