The Shape Of Water (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on Saturday 19th October 6pm UK time )
Price: £19.99

12239416-4594693969518735.jpg

12239416-2314693970093367.jpg 12239416-1904693970151879.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kryptonite
OK so not as nice as the stunning first edition with the famous James Jean art but then again that is the art and the steelbook for this film . . . that said the new one looks fine ...
1573001687031.png
1573001725002.png
/
1573001235673.png

... and back to the famous egg: unexpected explanation for the presence of an egg beside the tub - in actuality an egg timer - is provided in an interview with the filmmaker himself:-
1573002703105.png

“I wanted to show the way she dreams of water, uses water to boil her eggs, and then goes and gets in the water, and masturbates, shines her shoes, and goes to work. A perfectly acceptable routine by any standards,” he said, chuckling to himself. "Elisa’s masturbation is part of her daily routine, becoming almost rote in the flow of the movie."

Reactions: jasong
I don't understand why the spine title is going the opposite direction? Seen this on a few steelbooks, out of a kazillion. Anyone have an answer that makes sense?

I don't understand why the spine title is going the opposite direction? Seen this on a few steelbooks, out of a kazillion. Anyone have an answer that makes sense?
This convention comes from (real) books.

From Wikipedia's article on bookbinding:
  • In the United States, the Commonwealth, Scandinavia and for books in Dutch, titles are usually written top-to-bottom on the spine. This means that when the book is placed on a table with the front cover upwards, the title is oriented left-to-right on the spine. This practice is reflected in the industry standards ANSI/NISO Z39.41[39] and ISO 6357.[40]
  • In most of continental Europe and Latin America, titles are conventionally printed bottom-to-top on the spine so, when the books are placed vertically on shelves, the title can be read by tilting the head to the left.[41] This allows the reader to read spines of books shelved in alphabetical order in accordance to the usual way left-to-right and top-to-bottom.
This SteelBook is part of a common print run with with France and Germany. Hence, the spine title is "upside down".

Reactions: TriSteel
@DMAC Can you confirm whether the film is also included on Blu-ray in this release or not? :)

The thread title indicates that a Blu-ray disk is also included, but Zavvi's product page says "Number of Discs: 1" and the J-card only mentions "4K ULTRA HD".

@DMAC Can you confirm whether the film is also included on Blu-ray in this release or not? :)

The thread title indicates that a Blu-ray disk is also included, but Zavvi's product page says "Number of Discs: 1" and the J-card only mentions "4K ULTRA HD".
Steelbook is 1 Disc 4K
No extras on the Disc
Blu-ray not included

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone

Like Ranavalone wrote, it is just different standards in different parts of the world, like left driving on the road.
Top to bottom is good if the book is flat on a table.

But because on technical drawings, dimensions are always written from left-to-right and from bottom-to-top, so you turn your head to the left to read them, and because my Blu-Ray or Steelbooks are never lying on the table, I like better bottom to top so it is easier to read on the shelf.
Sad that most of them are the wrong way.