• 4K UHD Extended Cut
  • Blu-ray Extended and Theatrical Cuts
  • Exclusive Booklet
  • Letter from Stanley Kubrick to Saul Bass
  • Saul Bass Early Design Illustrations
  • Behind-the-Scenes Imagery
  • Replica Theatrical Poster
Special Features:
  • Commentary by Steadicam Inventor/Operator Garrett Brown and Historian John Baxer (on 4K and Blu-ray)
  • Vivian Kubrick's Documentary The Making of The Shining with Optional Commentary 3 Mesmerizing Featurettes: View from the Overlook: Crafting The Shining, The Visions of Stanley Kubrick and Wendy Carlos, Composer

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ This is nice but I'll wait to see the final beauty shots of the Black Barons release before determining.
Some very cool extras in this package though, especially intrigued by that Doc by Vivian. :watch:

Nice looking box set. Wonder if it will be a decent quality box or just thin flimsy caradboard...???

This is 3 Discs
UHD Extended Cut
Blu-ray Extended Cut
Blu-ray Theatrical Cut

Extras are on Blu-ray Disc

Note the previous 4K release was 2 Discs and only had the extended cut on UHD and Blu-ray

I pre ordered from Zavvi for now just waiting on Amazon UK listing to go live to order

Looks like Amazon have forgotten to make listing live to order has been happening with a few different new pre order releases recently from various distributors releases.

Even if Amazon make available to order it's possible some international locations might not be able to order at the moment.

Some listings on Amazon changes daily for me to be delivery to address not available or be ok to order.

Can’t wait for this. Just recently finished watching the docu Room237 all about the hidden stuff in Kubrick films. It will look amazing in 4K and the colours will pop. Also got May 18th as delivery date.