The Sinbad Trilogy - 5th Anniversary (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Powerhouse Films Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 22, 2021
Purchase link: Powerhouse Films
Price: £42.99
Notes: 5th Anniversary repress Blu-ray Only limited to 3000

024-26_SINBAD_TRILOGY_2021_ANNIV_3D_72dpi_transp_720x.png

Reactions: Grendel and sinusR2
*ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE*
5TH ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION REPRESS OF 3,000

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 22 October 2021

Limited Edition Blu-ray Only Box Set

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H Schneer in conversation – this 5th Anniversary Limited Edition repress is Blu-ray only and limited to 3,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
• 4K restoration of The 7th Voyage of Sinbad from the original camera negative
• 2K restorations of The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger from the original camera negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
• The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H Schneer
• Interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• Interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with essays by film expert Michael Brooke, an in-depth oral history of all three films, the history of the Dynamation and Dynarama processes, and a look at the unmade fourth film in the series, Sinbad Goes to Mars
• Limited edition of 3,000 units

#PHILTD024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE

purchased, along with some items on sale. had some kinks there at checkout with shipping and at paypal, but got it done, lol.

Reactions: Grendel
Also thought I would never get this as prices are ridiculous. It’s the only Boxset I like that I don't have. I emailed them a while back to see if they would rerelease / reprint this and they said NO, they had no plans to do so. I am wondering if there has been a lot of interest shown to them to get this out again from likeminded people who wanted a copy but not at eBay prices. This will probably go the same way on eBay once people know it’s available And it will sell out soon no doubt. I also bought the titles singly last time there was a sale sale on the website. Bought some of the LE’s too.

Remeber, this time it’s only 3000 so I wouldn’t hang about to get a copy.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I'm really interested in this thing for Christmas. Just can't decide if I should go for this, or this, which has all three films plus other Harryhausen classics. The only downside is it doesn't have the cool Sinbad box and the booklet. Wife wants a Christmas list so I gotta decide.
39429541-72d4-4fb2-9050-bd9b62930858.62283e977b1792ed41d5dc7cbc59fb92.jpeg