The Sinbad Trilogy (Blu-ray/DVD Limited Edition) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release date: June 26, 2017
Purchase links: Powerhouse - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £42.99 - £44.99 (Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi)
Notes: Limited edition box set of 6000, Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits

C9JhiU-XUAAv9ND.jpg

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)
Release date: 26 June 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras – including exclusive interviews with actors Caroline Munro, Jane Seymour and Tom Baker, and rare recordings of Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer in conversation – this stunning Limited Dual Format Edition from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Restored from the original negatives
• Mono and 5.1 surround sound audio options
The 7th Voyage of Sinbad audio commentary with Ray Harryhausen
• Previously unreleased audio interviews with Ray Harryhausen and producer Charles H. Schneer
• New interviews with actors Tom Baker, Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour
• New interview with SFX maestro Phil Tippett
• Original Super 8 cut-down versions
• Archival documentaries, interviews and featurettes
• Original trailers and promotional films
• Isolated scores by Bernard Herrmann, Miklós Rózsa and Roy Budd
• Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
• Box set exclusive 80-page book with new essays, and film credits
• Limited edition box set of 6,000
...AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

#PHIDFE024
BBFC cert: U
REGION FREE
EAN: 5037899069912

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for copying my post to an individual thread @PunkNinja

If more ninjas are interested in this awesome label Indicator from the UK please visit this thread for all their previous and upcoming releases: https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...h-blu-ray-dvd-label.81841/page-5#post-1920833

Since their output is amazing and their releases compare with Criterion, MoC and other boutique labels we may can get an own section for Indicator some day. They release a bright range of genres, their releases are top notch remastered including a lot bonus features, a booklet and more. It's a pleasure to see them grow. Reviews of all previous releases are fantastic.

Thanks for copying my post to an individual thread @PunkNinja

If more ninjas are interested in this awesome label Indicator from the UK please visit this thread for all their previous and upcoming releases: https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...h-blu-ray-dvd-label.81841/page-5#post-1920833

Since their output is amazing and their releases compare with Criterion, MoC and other boutique labels we may can get an own section for Indicator some day. They release a bright range of genres, their releases are top notch remastered including a lot bonus features, a booklet and more. It's a pleasure to see them grow. Reviews of all previous releases are fantastic.

I don't have much interest in this release, but I did buy Indicator's releases for Vampires and Ghosts of Mars and they're amazing! I hope to see more John Carpenter from them (hoping for The Ward and the two Escape films). :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Only thing i don't like about zavvi is there poor packing and long delvery time more so to australia.
Same here... I'd honestly rather pay that little bit extra and order from somewhere that uses better packaging AND has better customer service, just in case anything does go wrong during shipping.

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Damn expensive...

Indicator is a BD Boutique Label like Criterion, Masters of Cinema or Arrow. The price comes with the detail. They do a 4K remaster of the 7th Voyage by their own. The editions are fully loaded with bonus material and sometimes they even produce their own bonus material additionally. They take care of audio and correct subtitles. They produce their own Booklet, in this case rather a Book than a Booklet with 80-pages. Reversible cover and everything in Scanavo Keep Cases. So it's pricey but it's worth the money you spend. They are less expensive than the other boutique labels I mentioned and you can't compare them to other just repacked or collected editions. All their previous releases are top notch reviewed. In times like this I try to support this kind of effort and love they put into their releases.

That looks awesome. I hope the outer box is a sturdy one.

It's their first Boxset so we will first know when it's released. But since they are very into every detail I'm pretty sure it's quality.

In times like this I try to support this kind of effort and love they put into their releases.

Well said. Anyone who puts that sort of effort in deserves support. Like Network and their recent Jack the Ripper. Brand new restoration, 5.1 soundtrack and extras, I bite. Any vanity label gets my support if they put in the effort, Criterion, MOC, Arrow you name it.........

Indicator is a BD Boutique Label like Criterion, Masters of Cinema or Arrow. The price comes with the detail. They do a 4K remaster of the 7th Voyage by their own. The editions are fully loaded with bonus material and sometimes they even produce their own bonus material additionally. They take care of audio and correct subtitles. They produce their own Booklet, in this case rather a Book than a Booklet with 80-pages. Reversible cover and everything in Scanavo Keep Cases. So it's pricey but it's worth the money you spend. They are less expensive than the other boutique labels I mentioned and you can't compare them to other just repacked or collected editions. All their previous releases are top notch reviewed. In times like this I try to support this kind of effort and love they put into their releases.

It's their first Boxset so we will first know when it's released. But since they are very into every detail I'm pretty sure it's quality.
agreed. :thumbs: ...and ordered, via Zavvi, with current discount (link SHOP NOW, code WELCOME346 for 10% off). remastered? 80 page book? dual format? Harryhausen fans out there? resistance is futile! :)

Probably a Daft question - the 7th voyage will have a 4K restoration does that mean I won't be able to view it on a normal Bluray player , I am hearing a lot of different views some yes and some no and don't want to get if I can't watch one of the films

Just means it's been restored at 4k resolution as apposed to 2k. It'll still be 2K as far as you're concerned but has the chance of getting a 4k release somewhere down the line.

Reactions: snow flake
Zavvi order dispatched this morning

Payment was taken on Friday but my order was only dispatched this morning

From reports on other web forums looks like amazon again late get their stock ordered supplied

I will take a guess that powehouse have a cut off date to submit orders by with retailers

Zavvi order dispatched this morning

Payment was taken on Friday but my order was only dispatched this morning

From reports on other web forums looks like amazon again late get their stock ordered supplied

I will take a guess that powehouse have a cut off date to submit orders by with retailers
I received my Amazon order yesterday (Sunday) by the way.