The SteelBook™ Group Buy Request / Discussion Thread

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Would you like a member to host a group buy? Is there something that you think might be interesting to other members as well?

Can you all save on shipping? Or get some other type of discount?

Group buy hosts and members - use this thread to see if there is interest in the title(s) you are looking for.

Hi! Would it be possible for someone to do a GB for the US Best Buy Noah Steelbook? There's been some people asking for one in the main thread so I guess there should be enough interest. I know there are two for the Canadian edition already, but Canadian postage is kinda pricy...

Reactions: fishcp2
I have a question: What is the advantage for a buyer to participate on a group buy? Just for my information.

For example the "I saw the devil" GB:
GB Price = Reatilerprice + Shipping cost (partial) from KR + Import Taxes (if applicable) + Shipping cost from me to you (can be combined with other Steelbooks) + HDN fees + $3 for my services

When I buy myself from plain archive , it cost the retailprice + shipping + maybe import taxes (with a bit of luck no import taxes).

So, why make a GB?

I have a question: What is the advantage for a buyer to participate on a group buy? Just for my information.

GB Price = Reatilerprice + Shipping cost (partial) from KR + Import Taxes (if applicable) + Shipping cost from me to you (can be combined with other Steelbooks) + HDN fees + $3 for my services

When I buy myself from plain archive , it cost the retailprice + shipping + maybe import taxes (with a bit of luck no import taxes).

So, why make a GB?

Thank you for asking about my GB .

First and foremost you support the HDN Forum by joining the GB - you are "donating" $1.oo to the upkeep of the Forum.

The second reason is really very simple... I bill when I have in hand not before .... that would be another advantage for someone who does not have the available funds on pre order date but still want to receive the steelbook at a reasonable cost (in comparison to evilbay or other marketplaces sometimes)

The third reason is that the members have the chance of saving some initial shipping charges AND can combine with other stuff that I offer a GB for or from my Sales Thread.

And in between the third and last reason there are a lot of "personal" reasons someone would join a GB .

The last reason would be because they love me :)

Take care
John

• Helpful Post
Reactions: metaldemon666

So, why make a GB?

In many cases people can not be online at the time of sale, the retailer does not deliver to your country, etc...

What about a GB for the Sony Wave (Best Buy) ? :thumbs: We already got two for this wave, but both from Futureshop ! :ohno:
I second this ^

Many people seem very interested in getting a copy of BestBuy's exclusive Drive steelbook (myself included). It'd be very much appreciated if someone could do a GB for us... pretty please! :D

I am also very interested in a GB for the Drive BestBuy Steelbook...

To complete my Drive Collection has this publication in my collection!

Unfortunately, BestBuy will not ship to Germany