The Sting (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 17, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on March 23 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £37.99
Finish: Matte

12945433-1.jpg

What's Included

• The Sting 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray Steelbook enclosed in a Gloss UV Slipcase
  • 32-page behind-the-scenes booklet including script excerpt from the iconic 'Poker Game' scene
  • 4 x Art Cards
  • Theatrical Poster

• The Art of The Sting: 3-Part Documentary on the creation of the film, featuring Interviews with Robert Redford, Paul Newman and many more
  • 100 years of Universal: Restoring the Classics
  • 100 years of Universal: The ‘70s
  • 100 years of Universal: The Lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this not coming out as a stand alone steelbook? I just received my Animal House Zavvi exclusive and I certainly don't want all the cheap tat that came with that. Definitely not worth the extra money it cost.

Anyone ordered this since it came back "in stock" as I've been waiting 2 months and just keep getting the it's on special order from our supplier response.
Keep thinking they ain't letting me have it for less than £20,same happened with animal house and that took a month,no special order issue with that one though.

Anyone ordered this since it came back "in stock" as I've been waiting 2 months and just keep getting the it's on special order from our supplier response.
Keep thinking they ain't letting me have it for less than £20,same happened with animal house and that took a month,no special order issue with that one though.
Yea im having the exact same problem. At this point im just assuming its never coming

Reactions: kolchaker
It appears as sold out on the German zavvi version so it might actually be gone for good, sorry guys. For that reduced price it was quite the bargain, but for the initial one you were better off with the Taiwan version...

Yea im having the exact same problem. At this point im just assuming its never coming
Yep, just got this notice from Zavvi:

We're sorry to inform you that some or all of your order number 402243199 has now been cancelled as The Sting - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (Includes Blu-ray) is no longer available. We have tried to source further stock but we have been unsuccessful, sorry to disappoint you.

Same here. Thought I'd purchase it with REDDIT discount for £19, waited weeks and now this. Just done the tedious "live chat" and they say they still might get it in, but cancelling orders in the mean time. I have to wait until next week for the final say. Queried why it was still on sale and they are blaming the computer systems !! Just when you think Zavvi can't do any worse..............

Reactions: kolchaker
Same here. Thought I'd purchase it with REDDIT discount for £19, waited weeks and now this. Just done the tedious "live chat" and they say they still might get it in, but cancelling orders in the mean time. I have to wait until next week for the final say. Queried why it was still on sale and they are blaming the computer systems !! Just when you think Zavvi can't do any worse..............
I've just been on to them aswell and I've stuck another order in just to thrash their heads in weehaay

Reactions: Lenny Nero
It's now on Zavvi as "sold out". Even though they told me that they would keep my order on, the've now sent me an e-mail saying they have cancelled it. Not the best way to run a business and p*ss of your customers time and time again!

It's now on Zavvi as "sold out". Even though they told me that they would keep my order on, the've now sent me an e-mail saying they have cancelled it. Not the best way to run a business and p*ss of your customers time and time again!
Your right,yeah they've cancelled mine aswell.They seem to do this quite often,no wonder some people won't bother with them and just go straight to ebay,looks like that's were I'm heading for this !

eBay prices are just ridiculous, though. I was waiting for a price drop as was not going to pay full price for this. I wish the steelbook was just an option on its own without all the other stuff, Animal House being a good example. £19 was a reasonable price just for the 4k aspect of the movie itself, but certainly not worth the eBay prices.Prices will rocket now since it has sold out.