The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 10, 2023
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99
Notes: Orders done direct from Second Sight store includes 3 exclusive collector's art cards while stocks last
328269142_895815088239190_5536708407647246044_n.jpg

ArtcardExclusives_900x.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my copy from Diabolikdvd the other day. Glad I bought from them because there was some USPS issue that caused me to not get mail for almost 2 weeks. But it still arrived in perfect condition.

Saw that zavvi had these back up to order, so I ordered 2, and got delivery this morning. I wish I hadn't bothered. One was badly damaged with a large dent in the back and a large split on one corner/edge. The other was OK.

If they hadn't sold out, i'd have ordered from HMV (or second sight direct now they are back in stock.), but the 10% discount pushed me to zavvi. What a stupid mistake.
Texas Chainsaw zavvi damage.JPG

Saw that zavvi had these back up to order, so I ordered 2, and got delivery this morning. I wish I hadn't bothered. One was badly damaged with a large dent in the back and a large split on one corner/edge. The other was OK.

If they hadn't sold out, i'd have ordered from HMV (or second sight direct now they are back in stock.), but the 10% discount pushed me to zavvi. What a stupid mistake.
View attachment 553752
My box and copy had the exact same dent!

View attachment 553752
Zavvi will give u a refund surely or send a new 1 out

I asked to return the damaged one for refund, and within 10 minutes of the message i sent, got a returns note (with code for free return post), so that will be going back next week...
I had a damaged steelbook a while ago and the return form didn't work for return postage , when I told them , they said dispose of it and sent a new 1 out

I managed to get one of these via a friend in the UK. It's an impressive set all things considered. Although a lot of pics have already been posted, I uploaded a bunch of them here, in case you're interested (along with some extra words... in Spanish).

9278d3f7-4bce-4124-9cdd-c1d80aeba1b2-e1685479222125.jpeg

9103a222-4f68-4929-a12b-a4bc6159b85d-e1685480051438.jpeg

Extremely happy to own the definitive edition of this horror's masterpiece.