The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: June 8, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $17.99
Group buy: from apsmith21

34017141_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EvilThing
I called up my local shop and she said she didn't have an exact date, but did say within a week they would be getting them.
The website showed it was in stock at every best buy that was 9 miles or more away, which made no sense. Was probably an error, I dunno.

BUT, I called up my local shop and she said she didn't have an exact date, but did say within a week they would be getting them.

I was actually able to find one today in Los Angeles, but it was really odd. She said they had a case the day before, but they wouldn't show in their system so they couldn't sell it and then it disappeared. But she checked and it showed that they were now sellable but nowhere to be found. While she had someone searching for them in the back she found one stashed up front and sold it to me. I waited to see if they found the rest, but nothing. I'm going to try again tomorrow in case Threat or anyone else still can't get their hands on one. I'm not sure if this is going to be like finding Bigfoot or if it will flood the market in a week or two and I was stressing over nothing.

I was actually able to find one today in Los Angeles, but it was really odd. She said they had a case the day before, but they wouldn't show in their system so they couldn't sell it and then it disappeared. But she checked and it showed that they were now sellable but nowhere to be found. While she had someone searching for them in the back she found one stashed up front and sold it to me. I waited to see if they found the rest, but nothing. I'm going to try again tomorrow in case Threat or anyone else still can't get their hands on one. I'm not sure if this is going to be like finding Bigfoot or if it will flood the market in a week or two and I was stressing over nothing.

How they've handled this one is quite bizarre.

I can say that my online orders actually shipped from stores and not the warehouse, just based on the packaging they arrived in.

However, due to that, now I have to find a replacement because one of them was very obviously stomped on by UPS. :(

@apsmith21 are there any left over from the GB?
seriously doubt cause he was asking me for help and mine had none.

In case the employee was a jabroni I am gonna hit a bigger BB tomorrow just for the heck of it. I'll hit you up if any luck, but not looking likely.

alright. i didnt expect this release to be as difficult as it is. this thing is harder to get than any blufans release ive wanted

yeah i cant find any here after 4 best buys. I almost wonder if they are just waiting to put them out on sunday or tuesday. Shifting the day to Friday was just an odd choice.

I was surprised to find one at my local Best Buy on Friday. I kept an eye out on Tuesday just in case they put them out early, my local store seems to put stuff out late, or in portions. Like the Fox movies that came out with the new slips, i saw only a couple of titles and figured they had sold out of the rest, when i went back Friday they had all of them on display.

Ok, mystery solved, sort of.

I went to pick up my Peter Pan copy, since I waited to get both of these together, but since TCM went in limbo I just decided to go on the last day this week. The lady checked both SKU numbers for me:

SKU: 34017141
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/texas-...only--best-buy-1974/34017141.p?skuId=34017141

^ She said this one is sold online only.

SKU: 6252365
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/texas-...y-only--best-buy-1974/6252365.p?skuId=6252365

^ She said this one showed they had 5 in stock, but none were put out. She went in the back, said she almost gave up and found the box. She got one out for me, but said they aren't meant to be out on the shelf yet.

Not sure why this particular movie is getting this treatment, but hopefully this info can help some of you.

v2xx1l.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21 and JCC
Ok, mystery solved, sort of.

I went to pick up my Peter Pan copy, since I waited to get both of these together, but since TCM went in limbo I just decided to go on the last day this week. The lady checked both SKU numbers for me:

SKU: 34017141
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/texas-...only--best-buy-1974/34017141.p?skuId=34017141

^ She said this one is sold online only.

SKU: 6252365
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/texas-...y-only--best-buy-1974/6252365.p?skuId=6252365

^ She said this one showed they had 5 in stock, but none were put out. She went in the back, said she almost gave up and found the box. She got one out for me, but said they aren't meant to be out on the shelf yet.

Not sure why this particular movie is getting this treatment, but hopefully this info can help some of you.

v2xx1l.jpg

Thanks for posting this, very helpful

SO weird they have two SKUs for this release.

@Wreck

Reactions: Threat
BTW, read somewhere that the shelf date actually might be tomorrow - someone spied a stock date for Tuesday on a box.

Having the right SKU, 6252365, thanks to @Threat should be immensely helpful for stock numbers.