Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: November 15, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €29.61
Notes: Includes bonus disc

71ABfdDCO+L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappointed in the black & white inner outwork. The futurepak has the same inner artwork, except that inner artwork is in color. I find this trend of black & white inner artwork a bit annoying. Give us our money's worth.

My copy hasn't arrived. Is it true 100% 4k remaster or an upscale as it says on the front of that image

Some people don't know, but this film was shot with super 16MM film, which is roughly the equivalent of 1080p. This film was not shot with 35MM film just like The Evil Dead, except The Evil Dead was shot with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Back in the day, it was common for indie horror films to be shot with 16mm film since 35mm is considerably more expensive. If it's not upscaled, that just means that a 4K blow up must exist... that's when they take the original 16MM negative and print in onto a 35mm film print. Doing that increases the film grain and softens the image a bit. A lot of blow ups still look good, though, as film can handle an increase in resolution much better than digital.

A think there is another variant called super 16mm film which the likes of the TV show Sharpe was shot on which allows true 16/9 aspect ratio. I think that format has only been around since the early 90's

The super 16mm format has been around since 1969.