The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #3) [Italy]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: Cine-Museum (Pre-order on February 12, at 2:30 PM - Italy time)
Price: €59.90
Note: 500 copies

FB_IMG_1642590103416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to this. I want a deluxe 4K edition since there isn't one yet, plus I started collecting CM with CMA #5, so I missed out on their first release of The Thing. My only concern is if they decide to do a 1-Click since I wouldn't have the first one with my collectible #.

Reactions: jasong
THE THING - CMA#03 - Full Slip (Steelbook 4K UHD + BR)

We're excited to premiere the Full Slip project dedicated to the new 4 K release of John Carpenter's masterpiece: The Thing

The Full Slip will bring back the CMA #03 numbering and will be the continuation of the project started 3 years ago with the release of the lenticular version that still holds the record for fastest sold out today!

After the success of the first lens edition we wanted to be able to surprise exclusive Artworks fans once again and the result went beyond our expectations.
In fact we can confirm that the new full slip will feature the Back Artwork made by Enzo Sciotti to date published only on a recent collection of the artist's works that, just a few years after the untimely demise, still thrills us with his posters that exude love and passion for cinema of all kinds. We thank the painted cinema for accepting the collaboration proposal and making this wonderful artwork available!

To complete the project the front artwork done by Dan K Norris, an artist with a particular and unmistakable style that we hope to be able to work with again. We recommend you to enjoy his works dedicated to many classic films!
Gallery: Conflate to Create. @DanKNorris

The full brief will be numbered 500 copies and a collector's box will be made to contain the lenticular version and the new full briefs. The artwork will be shown later with the official preorder date which will be decided after the completion of numerous ongoing shipments for previous titles.

Today we'll be in Milan for appointments and we plan to come back to you with some really exciting announcements for the Cult line!

Happy collecting everyone!

IMG_1013.jpeg

i dont love the back, its alright... dont like the cut between upper and lower half and yeah weve seen stuff like that a million times

and the front would be *maybe* alright as back artwork, but looks weird and boring on the front
nah it's too good for a backart.. really dig that the artist combined the icecracks with the legs of the spider-thing.. and imo it catches the atmosphere of the movie, too

First impression is that slip isn’t doing much for me. Something looks off about that image of Kurt Russell on the back. But my opinion may change when it’s finally released by Cinemuseum 20-years from now.
To me the image of Kurt Russell looks a little like Rob Bottin imo.

Reactions: JGCramp
Funny, I received the new 4k steelbook identical to the one CM will put in the new releases last week (btw amazing transfer) and have put it on the first CM lenti release. So easy pass on this one. Plus I have been waiting almost a year now for their Jaws so CM will not see me again soon

Funny, I received the new 4k steelbook identical to the one CM will put in the new releases last week (btw amazing transfer) and have put it on the first CM lenti release. So easy pass on this one. Plus I have been waiting almost a year now for their Jaws so CM will not see me again soon
Amen.