Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 3, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

715dzUaumdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51zn9dxv88L._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered one of these Titan steels from Amazon some time ago (don't recall the title) and wasn't really impressed with the design. The plastic slip felt like one of those cheap Mill Creek "pullover" slips. I kinda like this one - the steel, not so much. Gonna get it mainly because I don't like the generic look of Universal's standard packaging for their 4K release. This film deserves bett-uh than that.

Ordered from Bezos.co.uk. Have they had a history of overselling these and cancelling?
They have a history of sending steelbooks in card slips. And come dented.

I like the slip design this time around, which I can't usually say... yes it'll be the same bleugh build, but I won't resent it so much. I think it'd only be a fiver cheaper without the slip/pin/patch anyway, judging by the last zavvi excl thing 4K steel.
Oh I like the PET too for this. But it’s something I could do without I suppose.

Reactions: samdavies
But Amazon subtracts tax/vat. It's sometimes cheaper to order to an address outside of UK, even with delivery charges, granted you buy £80+ worth.

Yes, on Amazon it's £29.16 with the VAT removed for me so Zavvi is still cheaper after shipping. The shipping costs rise at Amazon for each additional item you add on whereas the Zavvi shipping cost stays the same at £3.99 regardless of the number of items on the same order.

I'm guessing the VAT paid at Zavvi is why I have never had any import charges. We have a $20 Canadian import limit here.

On top of everything, I prefer the packaging from places like Zavvi and Best Buy Canada. Amazon, from any country, is absolutely the last place I would order a steelbook from. I only do so if I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else, which is almost never.

Yes, on Amazon it's £29.16 with the VAT removed for me so Zavvi is still cheaper after shipping. The shipping costs rise at Amazon for each additional item you add on whereas the Zavvi shipping cost stays the same at £3.99 regardless of the number of items on the same order.

I'm guessing the VAT paid at Zavvi is why I have never had any import charges. We have a $20 Canadian import limit here.

On top of everything, I prefer the packaging from places like Zavvi and Best Buy Canada. Amazon, from any country, is absolutely the last place I would order a steelbook from. I only do so if I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else, which is almost never.
I have an ironman mondo coming soon from amazon. I bet it will br damaged.

Love the Thing movie but this is meh. I would purchase this if it was done better. The big standard silver slip of the blu ray is better than this. Look st the turbine releases for premiums as they should be done.

Also the steel design is the worst I’ve seen for this movie. Shame.

Reactions: hatredhorror
HMV listed as sold out now but was still available to order when I posted at 9.51am this morning
I guess it came back for a short period, because I checked before posting as well.
Was thinking of whether to cancel my Italian preorder, or not.

Removable jcard. Nice steel finish and disc art, with a bit of something inside, I'm quite happy with this one. That'll make it the 4th ToC I've bothered getting, they're rarely hit, mostly miss.

Reactions: djjez83