The Thing (2011) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Mill Creek Entertainment) (Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 18, 2023
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

C9BAC759-AF6C-4E83-9A95-F09CADBB2199.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been one of my more popular recent group buys, so I went ahead and added more for those folks that are budgeting or might be waiting to see actually in person pictures first.

I usually don't do this but probably won't order more from Walmart after release day.

Reactions: JRodDirector
I just got my copy, nice Steelbook but most definitely I prefer the French original one as for the slip it’s just worthless, in person is just horrible with all the lettering around and the clarity shown at the OP is not there. Oh well…

I just got my copy, nice Steelbook but most definitely I prefer the French original one as for the slip it’s just worthless, in person is just horrible with all the lettering around and the clarity shown at the OP is not there. Oh well…
Never mind on the slip, it had a plastic protector that I had to take off the slip so now it’s clear lol

i agree, thats a very nice and glossy steelbook
And you can't beat that price!! I know it's not a 4K release, but I just watched it last night and it looked & sounded impressive!

I did notice a few scenes where the CGI was noticeable, but the presentation was great & also has disc art. Seems rare anymore for the standard Bluray to have disc art instead of just the film logo all the time.

Most of my group buy orders arrived, working through inspecting them.

Disappointed that hardly any slips sit correctly on the steelbook. 90% have at least slight bends.

Reactions: milky
I watched this the other day, it's not the dumpster fire or the "remake" many make it out to be. I can totally understand why people think it's a remake though, because the story is near identical to the original, which is why I found it kinda boring and unnecessary tbh. The only thing that really makes it a prequel is a little bit of history about the ship, and the dog running off right at the end to tie it into the original film.

Reactions: JRodDirector
I watched this the other day, it's not the dumpster fire or the "remake" many make it out to be. I can totally understand why people think it's a remake though, because the story is near identical to the original, which is why I found it kinda boring and unnecessary tbh. The only thing that really makes it a prequel is a little bit of history about the ship, and the dog running off right at the end to tie it into the original film.
It completely ties in with Carpenters.

I loved the way we got to see how the damage and deaths happened at the Norewegian base they visited at the start of that movie. Right down to the axe stuck in the door.....

It completely ties in with Carpenters.

I loved the way we got to see how the damage and deaths happened at the Norewegian base they visited at the start of that movie. Right down to the axe stuck in the door.....
Yeah, for sure, I know it ties in. It's very nearly a play by play of the original film though, for the events that happen. That's why I get some think it's a remake, and why found it kinda boring. There was no surprise. Bit of history, but nothing unexpected.