The Thing (2011) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Mill Creek Entertainment) (Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: April 18, 2023
Purchase link: Walmart
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

C9BAC759-AF6C-4E83-9A95-F09CADBB2199.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLD UP..... this is the 2011 version lol. Just realised

Tbf it’s not a bad film. It would’ve been better had the stayed with the practical effects. Suppose it makes a change from the goat version getting another re release
i dont understand why they decided to remove all practical effects they already created and finished.
movie is really good, but as you said, the movie would've been so much better without the cgi.

It's the prequel, yeah, gotta know your original posters, it's using that underneath the PET slip.

Since when Walmart started doing Exclusives again, is this the first?

Not sure. A big Walmart exclusive they previously did was the Terrifier 2 Bluray disc only limited edition steelbook.

Also remember that Target has appeared to stop doing blu-ray steelbook exclusives. Seems like Walmart has stepped in to fill that void.

i dont understand why they decided to remove all practical effects they already created and finished.
movie is really good, but as you said, the movie would've been so much better without the cgi.
Yeah it’s crazy. My mind was blown when I found that out.
And it is a shame because the film as whole wasn’t bad for a modern prequel on a cult classic

It's probably the best late sequel/prequel, besides Blade Runner 2049, and one of the best looking steelbooks at half the price of new titles - if anyone was going to buy one steelbook this year, it'd have to be this - to paraphrase a known tagline. :D

That is actually really nice. Tempted.
HJQacg.gif

Reactions: samdavies