The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray Deluxe Editions) (Turbine Media ) [Germany]

Apr 21, 2012
GER
Release date: March 28, 2019
Purchase links: Mediamarkt.de - Classic Version - Modern Version - Amazon DE - Classic Version - Modern Version
Price: €67.00
Notes: Blu-ray of The Thing 1982 is using Arrow Video 4K scan restoration

Version 1: Classic Design

e548b2da476b.jpg

Version 2: Modern Design

dcbe23c098ee.jpg

Contents: 4 Dics
- Original
- 2011 Prequel
- Bonus
- Original Soundtrack by Ennio Morricone

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't notice it was Turbine. I have a bunch of steelbooks from them. I like them!:)
(Plus I think their idea of putting SD TV shows on Blu rays is a great idea):thumbs:
Yeah they do a lot of great stuff.

Hope they use a better cardboard for this release, tho (at least for the outer box). Like e.g. Arrows LEs

Odd. Somehow I seem not to be able to edit the OP.

Anyway, the bonus content:

Blu-ray Features
Exclusive Content of this Special Edition:
  • Soundtrack on CD in a Digisleeve
  • 128-page booklet on the history of the movie
  • 76-page booklet with the story "Who goes there?“
  • 5 Artcards (A5)
  • Movie Poster (A2) with US and German posters on both sides
  • Jacket patch "Outpost 31"
Original movie (Bonus for the original movie on movie disc):
  • 5 Theatrical Trailers
  • TV- und Radiospots
  • 4 Audio Commentaries with John Carpenter & Kurt Russell, Dean Cundey (Director of Photography), Stuart Cohen (Producer), Todd Cameron (Outpost31.com)
Prequel Disc (Bonus for Original/Prequel movies on movie disc):
  • „Terror Takes Shape“ (86 Min.)
  • „The Men from Outpost 31“ (51 Min.)
  • Making Of F/X (25 Min.)
  • Interview with John Carpenter (29 Min.)
  • Interview with Todd Ramsay, Editor (11 Min.)
  • Interview with Alan Dean Foster, Novelist (16 Min.)
  • Interview with Daniel Lewis Yewdall & Alan Howarth, Sound Designer (15 Min.)
Bonus BD (Bonus for the original movie on an extra disc):
  • „Fear on Film“ Talk with John Carpenter, David Cronenberg and John Landis (26 Min.)
  • Storyboard-Movie-Comparison (8 Min.)
  • Deleted Scenes (6 Min.)
  • Trailer from Hell (2x 3 Min.)
  • Promo-Clip-Tape (13 Min.)
  • US-TV-Version (94 Min., 4:3)
  • The Making of The Thing (9 Min.)
  • The Making of a Chilling Tale (5 Min.)
  • Behind the Scenes (2 Min.)
  • The Saucer (2 Min.)
  • Promo-Scene-Tape (20 Min.)
  • Large text and picture archive (in English)

So they make pretty decent items? I'd hate to spend a fortune on one of these and it's cheap, flimsy cardboard.
I mainly have gotten their futurepaks - the only other thing besides futurepaks I have gotten were mediabooks for Donnie Brasco, Existenz, Trespass and Johnny Mneumonic(which were great, albeit in German!)
And I have also gotten a few of their TV shows SD on HD blu ray editions (standard amaray).
Their editions are on par with anyone elses.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I mainly have gotten their steelbooks - the only other thing besides steelbooks I have gotten were mediabooks for Donnie Brasco, Existenz, Trespass and Johnny Mneumonic(which were great, albeit in German!)
And I have also gotten a few of their TV shows SD on HD blu ray editions (standard amaray).
Their editions are on par with anyone elses.
Oh yeah, but they do. Their Hellraiser Black Box is really nice and sturdy. So is the new Psycho Legacy Deluxe Collection.

Good to know! Thanks!

I love that Christopher Shy artwork, so I'm definitely debating this right now.

Reactions: C.C. 95
having book and everything in German... no so sure but then again this is first ever if I'm not mistaken The Thing 2011 collectors release

With the amount of classic stuff now getting 4k releases on ultra 4k release, I'd be astonished if Arrow don't do a special 4k release at some stage. Their planned release for Robocop is crying out for 4k...

With the amount of classic stuff now getting 4k releases on ultra 4k release, I'd be astonished if Arrow don't do a special 4k release at some stage. Their planned release for Robocop is crying out for 4k...
At this point, it is a really annoying slap in the face when we get blu ray editions touting that they were authored from a new 4K master.
Just give me the 4K master on a 4K disc, please.