Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase links: Entertainment Store - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop - Amazon UK
Price: £39.99
Note: Includes 4 discs: 4K UHD, Blu-ray, The Thing 2011 Disc & Soundtrack CD

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Amazon pisses me off lately. I was checking their site, but search didn't come up with it, doesn't now either. Even if you specify a bunch of filters. Their search results show a variety of different titles, and streaming results mostly. Very hard to find anything there, it's like they're intentionally hiding physical media from customers.
Now it's sold out there too.

Last edited:
Glad I got my order In early! Went with HMV on this since Zavvi have seemingly started using Hermes for shipping their boxsets and I ain't got time for that stress

I Still haven’t received my true romance collectors box from them. That’s still with Hermes. Been with them for 9 days now. I won’t be using zavvi with these kinds of orders anymore. Not if they continue to use Hermes

Reactions: Lord Vader
Man, Amazon pisses me off lately. I was checking their site, but search didn't come up with it, doesn't now either. Even if you specify a bunch of filters. Their search results show a variety of different titles, and streaming results mostly. Very hard to find anything there, it's like they're intentionally hiding physical media from customers.
Now it's sold out there too.
When you visit amazon website to browse it goes by your country by using the ip address of your router or if you logged in your delivery adress

If a listing is restricted to UK you won't see these lstings by doing a search as you not based in UK
If you want to do a search on Amazon for listings that are restricted to UK delivery change the deliver to by entering a UK post code
You will then see all listings and also be able to see if still available or sold out or if a release has gone live yet

Some items won't show up in search even if you based in UK you need the link to the product on some items that been happening for over a year

Some listings on Amazon when restricted to UK delivery adress will list currentely unailable if you based outside UK but will show as available to order if you based in UK
When you see listed as currentely unavailable it don't mean it's sold out

When a item changes to delivery outside UK that is when you will find listings on Amazon and will also change from currentely unavailable to available to pre order if still in stock

It's now available for delivery outside UK to some international countries
If your country is on the list of available delivery address it will show as a pre order with a price £39.99

Last edited:
Back up for pre order on HMV and WB store! Thanks for the 10% code for WB. Got this for £35.99. Crazy that this is already up on eBay for as high as £75

Reactions: leelee17
I Still haven’t received my true romance collectors box from them. That’s still with Hermes. Been with them for 9 days now. I won’t be using zavvi with these kinds of orders anymore. Not if they continue to use Hermes
Aye I dont blame ya mate! Thankfully my True romance CE steelbook turned up mint but it's always a crapshoot with Hermes. Hope your copy turns up ok eventually!

When you visit amazon website to browse it goes by your country by using the ip address of your router or if you logged in your delivery adress

If a listing is restricted to UK you won't see these lstings by doing a search as you not based in UK
If you want to do a search on Amazon for listings that are restricted to UK delivery change the deliver to by entering a UK post code
You will then see all listings and also be able to see if still available or sold out or if a release has gone live yet

Some listings on Amazon when restricted to UK delivery adress will list currentely unailable if you based outside UK but will show as available to order if you based in UK
When you see listed as currentely unavailable it don't mean it's sold out

When a item changes to delivery outside UK that is when you will find listings on Amazon and will also change from currentely unavailable to available to pre order if still in stock

Maybe you're right about their crazy algorithm working against them lately, by hiding items instead of offering to change the delivery address, but I've been buying from various Amazons and shipping to different foreign countries for 22 years now, and all the page did, was mention that this does not ship to your location.

That's kinda funny, considering I got my CE delivered in 4 business days to the border of Siberia in Russia (Ekaterinburg).

Maybe you're right about their crazy algorithm working against them lately, by hiding items instead of offering to change the delivery address, but I've been buying from various Amazons and shipping to different foreign countries for 22 years now, and all the page did, was mention that this does not ship to your location.
It was changed on Amazon UK last year around November 2020 due to covid-19 and UK leaving EU customs union on January 1st 2021

Amazon now need to plan on which warehouse get the stock so a delay happens when a release will be available to order for delivery address outside UK
Some release will be just before or after release date to be available to order if you based outside UK

Some listings will not show even after release date if delivery address is outside UK due to stock at a location not setup for delivery to outside UK

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Can't believe i was at work with no phone allowed and checked later that night to find it was sold out.
I have the other editions from zavvi few years ago, which arrived in the jiffy bags with minor issues. But by looks this is same.
But wanted the thing though as it's missing from the set.
Im hoping the become available again

Does anyone know if arrow box set will also release this year as well??
No info of a 4K UHD release from Arrow
It's not listed on their schedule for upcoming releases at the moment

That could change if they do get a licence from Universal to do a 4K UHD release

Arrow have other Universal titles on their schedule for release in 2021/2022 so it's possible may be added at a later date but at the moment no

Universal 4K UHD disc is using the Arrow 4K remastered transfer

Even though Arrow did the remastering it's still property of Universal and then licensed to Arrow to do a Blu-ray release.

Last edited:
Note Universal release
Blu-ray same extras as existing Universal 2008 disc release

Does not incude the exclusive disc extras that was included with Arrow/Scream Factory/Turbine releases

Universal release
4K UHD is using the Arrow 4K scan remaster transfer
The Blu-ray is the previous 2008 release just with new disc artwork

If you need a Blu-ray disc with the 4K scan arrow remaster transfer that's on the Arrow Video Blu-ray releases or Scream Factory Steelbook or Turbine releases