The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen the japanese release of the horizontal steel on the bay for quite reasonable 200€ few months ago.. didnt bite the bullet, but damn, that steel was unobtainable for a very long time

Mine arrived from Amazon in a cardboard mailer, luckily it survived. Looking forward to rewatching!

Proud to own the steel, but what I will say is the quality of the seal is awful. Nitpicking I agree, but not a clean tight wrap at all.

Wow, the first DVD edition with the uncensored audio commentary detected!

What was censored in other versions? Still have the DVD myself. I think it was this or Big Trouble where Kurt just seemed like he was high for most of it lol love the Kurt and JC commentaries.

Still nothing for me today, come on Arrow I need my thing!
Maybe more appropriate for the German steelbook (lol)

but what I will say is the quality of the seal is awful. Nitpicking I agree, but not a clean tight wrap at all.
You want to see really baggy, atrocious shrinkwrap then check out the UK HELLBOY 2 horizontal steelbook from 2012 . . . or is it just my copy?

Last edited:
I cancelled my amazon order after it got sold out and preordered it on zavvi, both Limited and Steelbook, but last week I received a mail from zavvi saying that the limited was cancelled because they dindn't have enough stock... I got angry and mailed them, this was the answer:

"I am really sorry to let you know that we have had to cancel your order for 'The Thing' limited edition because our suppliers were unable to provide it.

I understand how disappointing this might be. We have tried other suppliers but we have not had any luck. We will be removing the item from our website as soon as possible.

If a charge has been taken for the order, then a refund will be requested upon cancellation and the money returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

At this current time, the steelbook is currently an active order. I have checked stock, but this item is due to be cancelled too, due to us currently showing as out of stock at this time. Please keep an eye on this in your account orders and apologies again for any inconvenience caused by this issue."

Zavvi f***ed me up and I am so angry now because if I hadn't cancelled the Amazon order... Anyone who have an extra copy would sell it to me? Gosh...