The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled my amazon order after it got sold out and preordered it on zavvi, both Limited and Steelbook, but last week I received a mail from zavvi saying that the limited was cancelled because they dindn't have enough stock... I got angry and mailed them, this was the answer:

"I am really sorry to let you know that we have had to cancel your order for 'The Thing' limited edition because our suppliers were unable to provide it.

I understand how disappointing this might be. We have tried other suppliers but we have not had any luck. We will be removing the item from our website as soon as possible.

If a charge has been taken for the order, then a refund will be requested upon cancellation and the money returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

At this current time, the steelbook is currently an active order. I have checked stock, but this item is due to be cancelled too, due to us currently showing as out of stock at this time. Please keep an eye on this in your account orders and apologies again for any inconvenience caused by this issue."

Zavvi f***ed me up and I am so angry now because if I hadn't cancelled the Amazon order... Anyone who have an extra copy would sell it to me? Gosh...

The special edition is showing as a pre-order on Zavvi right now for release on Nov. 20th.

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing/11536071.html

That is just the Amaray case and is 14.99 on Amazon...not the Limited Edition or the steelbook....by the way, Zavvi cancelled my steelbook order too.

I cancelled my amazon order after it got sold out and preordered it on zavvi, both Limited and Steelbook, but last week I received a mail from zavvi saying that the limited was cancelled because they dindn't have enough stock... I got angry and mailed them, this was the answer:

"I am really sorry to let you know that we have had to cancel your order for 'The Thing' limited edition because our suppliers were unable to provide it.

I understand how disappointing this might be. We have tried other suppliers but we have not had any luck. We will be removing the item from our website as soon as possible.

If a charge has been taken for the order, then a refund will be requested upon cancellation and the money returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

At this current time, the steelbook is currently an active order. I have checked stock, but this item is due to be cancelled too, due to us currently showing as out of stock at this time. Please keep an eye on this in your account orders and apologies again for any inconvenience caused by this issue."

Zavvi f***ed me up and I am so angry now because if I hadn't cancelled the Amazon order... Anyone who have an extra copy would sell it to me? Gosh...
There were a few auctions on eBay that finished only a couple of quid over the original retail price.

Maybe try your luck there?

Reactions: nisefukinlife
My recent Zavvi order arrived in good condition and I've got an order due to arrive shortly from SpeedyHen.

It wasn't really titled correctly on the SpeedyHen site but the ISBN number matched up so hopefully it's the steel that arrives. If that's in good nick, I'll happily pass it on at cost as I only want to keep one of these to open and watch. Will start a thread when it arrives if there's interest.

Hopefully it'll help someone out that had a cancelled order.

I've got a feeling that is just the amaray version, without the booklet and sleeve. I could be wrong.
@davhyl @virkia

Standard Edition out November 20th includes a slipcover and a booklet with first batch of print run
You can purchase now from Sainsbury's instore since October 23rd the standard edition as they have it as an exclusive before it's available from other retailers on Nov 20th

Photos of the standard edition
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...lu-ray-standard-edition-arrow-video-uk.88051/

Last edited:
Reactions: virkia
@davhyl @virkia

Standard Edition out November 20th includes a slipcover and a booklet with first batch of print run
You can purchase now from Sainsbury's instore since October 23rd the standard edition as they have it as an exclusive before it's available from other retailers on Nov 20th

Photos of the standard edition
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...lu-ray-standard-edition-arrow-video-uk.88051/
Thank you for the info about the slipcover and the booklet.
Wasn't expecting on the Standard Edition as quite rare for them to do that . . . good news indeed :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Some ebay sellers might be selling the standard edition they got from Sainsbury's pretending it's the limited edition
It looks the same as the limited edition the standard slip photo so you might get some sellers been naughty :rofl:

I sent my extra copy back to Arrow, would've sent it to someone on here if I'd known. Hopefully Arrow relist it on their website for someone to pick up.

Following on from my earlier comment, my http://www.SpeedyHen.com order was waiting for me at home in fine condition. Never posted in the for sale section. Will go read rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't decide whether to keep this or the mondo steel. I think I prefer the Mondo steel but I like to have the best transfer possible... hmmmmm

Speedhen order arrived in perfect condition though

Can't decide whether to keep this or the mondo steel. I think I prefer the Mondo steel but I like to have the best transfer possible... hmmmmm

Speedhen order arrived in perfect condition though
Keep both if you a fan of the film
Arrow Video for the best quality transfer to date and the new documentary extras and original artwork
Mondo for the artwork

I also suggest you get the scream factory collector's edition as that has extras not on the arrow video release it's region A locked so you will need a multi region player

Must admit, i finally got mine from Arrow, and i do like it - haven't unsealed it yet, but even through the cellophone i think it looks good!

^ Sadly, cellophane wrap very much a thing of the past on steelbooks in the UK . . . so much smarter looking (lol) . . . glancing along my shelves the last UK steelbooks with cellophane wrap were in 2012 (THE COMPANY OF WOLVES, SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS and THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC . . . to name a few).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway . . .
DM-cotaV4AApKty.jpg:large

Open w/ disc & booklet and without:-
DNDvYl_VAAM7HpC.jpg:large

DNDvYl8UMAA558R.jpg:large

DNDvYl8V4AAwvuz.jpg:large

DM-csUQUIAE7zeF.jpg:large

Last edited: