The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #03) [Italy]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September, 2018
Purchase link: Cine-Museum (Pre-order August 10, 2018) Check your local time HERE
Price: €42.90
Notes: 300 print run. Lenticular Full Briefs, Back Artwork exclusive by Fiona McCall, 4 x Postcards, Photobooklet (32 p.), Special Gift (?)
Group Buy: Link

36996920_10217289433734861_686121910299262976_n.jpg

This is the first (non-definitive) graphic of the third title of the Cine-Museum Art line.

Audio: Italian (DTS 5.1), German (DTS 5.1), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), French (DTS 5.1), Spanish (DTS-HD 2.0)

Subtitles: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Important: those who have already purchased the first two exclusive CMA can tell us the number and keep it for future releases.

Users are invited to provide suggestions for possible variations of the artworks

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for the attention to the product and the details that you have highlighted to improve the appearance!
We specify that the proposed banner is simply a proposal to be discussed together.
The aim is to find the best possible version, hoping the Full Slip can compensate for the steelbook artwork that has not made us happy!

We apologize for some imprecision on the banner, it is not due to laziness but simply a little 'in a hurry to be able to present the project in time to be realized by September.

Those who have purchased our Cine-Museum Exclusive # 01 dedicated to Assault on precinct 13 will know how much we love John Carpenter's cinema in all its details.

Thank you all for your participation, we await your opinion on the next artworks that we will propose.

Good collecting to everyone!

Carlo * CM *

I am so torn on this release. This is in my top 5 of movies of all time and have been dreaming of a premium of this for years. I think CM will do a good job on this, but that hideous steelbook is a real ball breaker.

I will probably get it, but that steelbook might have to be used as a doorstop or something!

I am so torn on this release. This is in my top 5 of movies of all time and have been dreaming of a premium of this for years. I think CM will do a good job on this, but that hideous steelbook is a real ball breaker.

I will probably get it, but that steelbook might have to be used as a doorstop or something!
If it is one of your top five movies and you are a collector - wouldn't you want to own every iteration of the movie, warts and all?
Look at Alien King collecting the Matrix stuff...I think @AlienKing probably has Matrix slippers and collectible dinner plates!:rofl:

If it is one of your top five movies and you are a collector - wouldn't you want to own every iteration of the movie, warts and all?
Look at Alien King collecting the Matrix stuff...I think @AlienKing probably has Matrix slippers and collectible dinner plates!:rofl:
Oh I’m a collector alright, but I'm one of those people who just want the best of the-best. Im not the type of collector who must have every variation, well, my wallet ( WIFE!) wouldn’t allow it anyway! :rofl:

YOU HAVE TO PLAY THAT GAME! It’s not just a bog standard shooter, trust me!

Why the need to guarantee numbers? Is this another FA style collectible number thing that compels you to get every release to keep your number? This seems to be going on with every EU premium retailer. I believe EB promised something similar as well.

Definitely in for this if the slip gets touched up. the front image definitely looks way too stretched out and the spine Title looks too large. Wondering if the spine might look better if it was the front that wraps around it rather than the back.

Why the need to guarantee numbers? Is this another FA style collectible number thing that compels you to get every release to keep your number? This seems to be going on with every EU premium retailer. I believe EB promised something similar as well.

We give the possibility to those who ordered the previous title to keep the same number IF THEY'RE ABLE TO BOOK A COPY.
Those who know Cine-Museum also know that we were the first to criticize some marketing choices that made the moment of preorder very tense.

The print run is very limited and probably some interested collector will not be able to make the preorder, but being able to insert one of our production in all your collections would be the greatest satisfaction.
Also for this reason we have given as many copies as possible to hi def ninja for the Group Buy.

Definitely in for this if the slip gets touched up. the front image definitely looks way too stretched out and the spine Title looks too large. Wondering if the spine might look better if it was the front that wraps around it rather than the back.

You're definitly right, the mage is just a quick preview but we'll use the original image and resolution for the front lenticular artwork...we have some variants and we'll ask to all collectors to share ideas

You're definitly right, the mage is just a quick preview but we'll use the original image and resolution for the front lenticular artwork...we have some variants and we'll ask to all collectors to share ideas
sounds great! Although I was hoping this would be a fullslip with some nice emobssing and spot glossing, a lenti should look great if done right

Not the biggest fan so far of the steelbook (especially since I have the Mondo and Arrow releases, but I’m tempted. I have the Cine Museum Assault Of Precinct 13 fullsip and even though that’s not a steelbook, the whole package is amazing. Tempted to go for this.