The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #03) [Italy]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September, 2018
Purchase link: Cine-Museum (Pre-order August 10, 2018) Check your local time HERE
Price: €42.90
Notes: 300 print run. Lenticular Full Briefs, Back Artwork exclusive by Fiona McCall, 4 x Postcards, Photobooklet (32 p.), Special Gift (?)
Group Buy: Link

36996920_10217289433734861_686121910299262976_n.jpg

This is the first (non-definitive) graphic of the third title of the Cine-Museum Art line.

Audio: Italian (DTS 5.1), German (DTS 5.1), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), French (DTS 5.1), Spanish (DTS-HD 2.0)

Subtitles: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Important: those who have already purchased the first two exclusive CMA can tell us the number and keep it for future releases.

Users are invited to provide suggestions for possible variations of the artworks

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
CMA line needs your advices, constructive criticism and the experience of each of you to grow and offer even more valuable products!

here's another vote for premium releases that haven't been released by others as premium editions yet..

if you keep them limited to three hundred like with the thing you you could even choose some more Arthouse and or more non Mainstream movies which would be great as it is super annoying that some movies get released in Steelbook or even Premium-editions dozens of times and others don't get any nice Editions at all

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
actually the thing has zero premium editions, same with untouchables
One could consider the Mondo X Thing a premium. Just cause it didnt cost premium due to print run being large enough to spread the cost didnt make it still not a premium. Curated art, art on the discs to match (that is rare) and the slipover has a metallic like foil title treatment. I dont think it would need just some postcards or booklet to truly confirm it so called Premium. But I do understand it can be debatable.

Arrow box set is premium, but no steel. as that was sep.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
One could consider the Mondo X Thing a premium. Just cause it didnt cost premium due to print run being large enough to spread the cost didnt make it still not a premium. Curated art, art on the discs to match (that is rare) and the slipover has a metallic like foil title treatment. I dont think it would need just some postcards or booklet to truly confirm it so called Premium. But I do understand it can be debatable.

Arrow box set is premium, but no steel. as that was sep.

As much as i love the mondo series and in particular the "the thing" release, I wouldnt really call them premium.. basically because I wouldnt consider the translucent o-ring slip a premium slipcover with actual extra artwork and treatment in the same sense that other premium retailer provide them..

The arrow boxset included an amaray and a quite cheap feeling, yet sturdy slipcase with printed back and ratings on the front.. not premium for me :-/

• Thanks
Reactions: ty233
I've never seen a cine-museum lenticular before and just assumed they weren't very impressive due to the lack of attention they get.
I should've picked up one of these and Isle of Dogs when I had the chance

@duckandrun

Looks fantastic

I was planning on getting this but was sold out before I had a chance to order
If you have any spare stock put aside for replacements and not needed to use them I be interested in getting one ;)

@duckandrun

Looks fantastic

I was planning on getting this but was sold out before I had a chance to order
If you have any spare stock put aside for replacements and not needed to use them I be interested in getting one ;)

Thank you so much, we're also excited for final esult and how CM ART line is growing up with your advices!
For The Thing please send a private message and we'll try to fond a copy for you

Reactions: paulboland