[Mondo Games] The Thing : Infection at Outpost 31

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
The Thing™ Infection at Outpost 31

An alien lifeform has infiltrated a bleak and desolate Antarctic research station assimilating other organisms and then imitating them. In the hidden identity game The Thing™ Infection at Outpost 31, you will relive John Carpenter’s sci-fi cult classic in a race to discover who among the team has been infected by this heinous lifeform.

Play as one of 12 characters as you lead a series of investigations through the facility using supplies and equipment to clear the building. The tension mounts and paranoia ensues as you question who you can trust in the ultimate race to save humanity!

infection-31-standard-edition-contents.jpg

Ages 17+ | 4-8 Players | MSRP: $59.95
https://mondotees.com/products/the-thing-infection-at-outpost-31-board-game

Also for others you can enjoy this PSA about the game

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon @apsmith21 I was at PAX Unplugged this today and I demoed it and was able to acquire a copy of the standard version. But now I'm thinking I should have bought the mondo con version, but on the other hand $130 for it was a bit steep form me at the time.

I do recommend this game to people. As a gamer you don't have to know anything about the movie to enjoy it.

@tridon @apsmith21 I was at PAX Unplugged this today and I demoed it and was able to acquire a copy of the standard version. But now I'm thinking I should have bought the mondo con version, but on the other hand $130 for it was a bit steep form me at the time.

I do recommend this game to people. As a gamer you don't have to know anything about the movie to enjoy it.

Yeah, the MondoCon exclusive was steep. I think you were paying so much for the extra Jock mini-print. This standard edition looks great, too, though. Enjoy, man! :D

Reactions: digitalbabe

Yeah, the MondoCon exclusive was steep. I think you were paying so much for the extra Jock mini-print. This standard edition looks great, too, though. Enjoy, man! :D

and it sold out immediately online ... I think I should have bought it ... but I would only have 4 people to play it 1% of the year on the reg in my City , home etc.... so for that reason I am ok ... but damn it would look good for a display with my other The Thing media stuff. ;)

Back for a Limited Time! The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31​

Stir-crazy Norwegians shooting first at a dog, then you. Their base—not unlike yours—left in ruin, littered with strange research notes and even stranger carcasses. A 100,000-year-old alien vessel uncovered in the ice.

Then some ... thing ... attacked your dogs and you put it down. But that was just the beginning. Power fluctuations, missing tools, shredded clothes, equipment destroyed—all that pales next to the preliminary conclusion of your scientists: at least one of you is probably already being impersonated by this lifeform!

You may not know who to trust, but you do know that out there, in the dark, The Thing is waiting for you to make a mistake.

But what if it’s already in here with you?

THE THING: Infection at Outpost 31, a board game from our friends at The Op Games, is now available for pre-order you can also pre-order from the OP too

Enter Now for a Chance to Win Our Origins Giveaway!​

Win the our grand prize including these games:
Talisman: Harry Potter™ Edition
The Goonies: Escape with One-Eyed Willy’s Rich Stuff
The Thing Infection at Outpost 31