The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@zavvi

Please pass on the feedback to make sure the thing limited edition box set is not sent out in a Jiffy bag like you did with Donnie darko

These need to be sent out in boxes with padding materials

I panicked slightly when I saw the announcement as Arrows site was down. Glad to have got an order from Zavvi has the £20 price Pont is much more agreeable that what amazon had listed.

Disappointed it's not going to be a decked out 3+ disc fatbox with lots of extras like Donnie Darko etc but can't complain about the artwork at least. Can see both this and the steel (even at 4000 copies) selling out. Been waiting for this announcement and got my order in on both this and the steel. Can't wait! :smuggrin:

Just received Pulse in the mail today too from Arrow. :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Disappointed it's not going to be a decked out 3+ disc fatbox with lots of extras like Donnie Darko etc but can't complain about the artwork at least. Can see both this and the steel (even at 4000 copies) selling out. Been waiting for this announcement and got my order in on both this and the steel. Can't wait! :smuggrin:

Just received Pulse in the mail today too from Arrow. :hungry:

I feel the same way as well. I held off the Shout edition thinking that Arrow would be the definitive edition but looking at the specs now, I'm going to have to pick up the Shout edition for the exclusive extras (including the TV cut)

No doubt though the Arrow exclusive 4K remastering and two feature length documentaries will be worth parting my wallet with but I really didn't want to buy both.

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
What's in this limited editon set that's different to the steel?

Ordered the steel for now but need to know the difference just incase

@paulboland you usually know this shiz
Just the packaging is different
Limited Edition has poster and book and lobby cards

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by director John Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Mono and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
• Who Goes There? In Search of The Thing – an all-new feature length documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the history of The Thing, from the original novella to John Carpenter's terrifying science fiction classic. Featuring new interviews with the cast and crew, as well as authors, historians, and critics
• 1982: One Amazing Summer – an all-new retrospective documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures about the unforgettable films released in the summer of 1982
• John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – archive documentary on the background and production of the film
• Vintage Featurettes
• Outtakes
• Behind-the-Scenes
• Trailers, Teasers, TV and Radio Spots
• Still Galleries
Poster
Lobby Cards
Book containing new writing on the film
• Newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

Just the packaging is different
Limited Edition has poster and book and lobby cards

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by director John Carpenter and director of photography Dean Cundey
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Mono and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
• Who Goes There? In Search of The Thing – an all-new feature length documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the history of The Thing, from the original novella to John Carpenter's terrifying science fiction classic. Featuring new interviews with the cast and crew, as well as authors, historians, and critics
• 1982: One Amazing Summer – an all-new retrospective documentary produced by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures about the unforgettable films released in the summer of 1982
• John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – archive documentary on the background and production of the film
• Vintage Featurettes
• Outtakes
• Behind-the-Scenes
• Trailers, Teasers, TV and Radio Spots
• Still Galleries
Poster
Lobby Cards
Book containing new writing on the film
• Newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

Lol, you kidding?

I asked you that hours ago lol

I've already ordered both, seen the beauty shots and read what's Included :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I sleep during the Day I work Night Shifts :p
You expect me to get up early to reply to your questions :p:LOL::rofl:

No but I think you must of seen my other posts since then of me saying I've ordered them and acknowledging the art and extras

I'm only winding you up but that did make me laugh