Upcoming The Umbrella Academy (Season 4) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
The Umbrella Academy
A dysfunctional family of superheroes comes together to solve the mystery of their father's death, the threat of the apocalypse and more. Adapted from the comic created by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá.

Coming to Netflix February 15, 2019.

tua.jpg

Finished season 1 this weekend.
It runs a very fine line. Going from absolutely amazing to extremely frustrating at times.
I totally understand if someone says they love the show and also understand someone says they hate it. Its very polarizing.
For myself I'll for sure watch a season 2 if we get one.

Reactions: Thoth
Finished season 1 this weekend.
It runs a very fine line. Going from absolutely amazing to extremely frustrating at times.
I totally understand if someone says they love the show and also understand someone says they hate it. Its very polarizing.
For myself I'll for sure watch a season 2 if we get one.

I would agree in what you have said here, I lost interest a couple of episodes in but then found myself enjoying it again.

But will definitely be watching a second season of it when it airs.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I almost didn't bother with this series, because the trailer honestly didn't do much for me as it just looked like a cheap X-Men rip-off IMO. However, since everyone has been raving about it on social media, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give it a go... thank god I did, because it sure as hell paid off! It takes a lot for a TV show to grip me and keep me watching nowadays, because one or two slow episodes and I quickly lose interest lol. The action scenes were very well done and a lot of fun, and I genuinely found all the characters interesting. My only gripe was Ellen Page, as I've never been a huge fan of her acting style... I find it too relaxed and don't find it at all believable - basically I can tell she's just acting. I will say that the kid who plays #5 out-acted everyone though... he was excellent! Can't wait for Season 2. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
When I first saw this announced I thought to myself - not another comicbook/superhero tv show. Aren't there already enough of those around :stop:
I wouldn't say I really liked it but certainly don't hate it. This show kind of reminded me of Watchmen and I didn't particularly enjoy that either.
Episodes were slow at times and didn't really grab me till last 1/3 of the series.
It does have it's moments of humour and action. I found Number #5 the best of the character storylines, while the rest bored me. I also particularly enjoyed the scenes with Hazel and Cha-Cha :LOL:
I'll catch season 2 just to find out how the story progresses but I don't think I'll rush to do so.

When I first saw this announced I thought to myself - not another comicbook/superhero tv show. Aren't there already enough of those around :stop:
I wouldn't say I really liked it but certainly don't hate it. This show kind of reminded me of Watchmen and I didn't particularly enjoy that either.
Episodes were slow at times and didn't really grab me till last 1/3 of the series.
It does have it's moments of humour and action. I found Number #5 the best of the character storylines, while the rest bored me. I also particularly enjoyed the scenes with Hazel and Cha-Cha :LOL:
I'll catch season 2 just to find out how the story progresses but I don't think I'll rush to do so.
That was one of my first thoughts after seeing the trailer too, so came really close to passing on it. Glad to see someone else got a Watchmen vibe from it as well! I said the exact same thing to a mate, and he laughed in my face, so I decided not to mention it again lol. Haha yeah, Hazel and Cha-Cha were awesome... who knew MJB could both act and kick ass! :D

Reactions: Uraki
Season 2 looks brilliant :thumbs: Problem is that ill end up watching it in a couple of days :rofl:

Reactions: Noodles
Going to start re-watching season 1 in a week or two.

Can't decide if i am more excited for this or The Boys. Maybe equal right now