Upcoming The Umbrella Academy (Season 4) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
The Umbrella Academy
A dysfunctional family of superheroes comes together to solve the mystery of their father's death, the threat of the apocalypse and more. Adapted from the comic created by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá.

Coming to Netflix February 15, 2019.

tua.jpg

Has no one else here noticed the random dark corners (like a vignette) throughout this season? At first it had me thinking my projector was broken, but after a quick Google search I came across a Reddit post of people complaining about the same thing. It's super distracting as it comes and goes, and I'm pretty sure it's not intentional.

Has no one else here noticed the random dark corners (like a vignette) throughout this season? At first it had me thinking my projector was broken, but after a quick Google search I came across a Reddit post of people complaining about the same thing. It's super distracting as it comes and goes, and I'm pretty sure it's not intentional.
I had the same problem, I turned off Netflix and restarted the show and it was back to normal.

I had the same problem, I turned off Netflix and restarted the show and it was back to normal.
Really? It's still there for me even a day later. I haven't gone back to check, but don't recall seeing it in episode 1 and 2... first time I noticed it was in episode 3, then it continued on to episode 4, which is where I'm up to now. Maybe/hopefully it goes for good after that??

Really? It's still there for me even a day later. I haven't gone back to check, but don't recall seeing it in episode 1 and 2... first time I noticed it was in episode 3, then it continued on to episode 4, which is where I'm up to now. Maybe/hopefully it goes for good after that??
It happened to me at the beginning of episode 6 and I thought it was some kind of dark flashback but it was so dark I could barely make out the characters on the TV. I checked the episode on my phone and it didn't look like that so I turned it off and turned it back on and it was back to normal.

It happened to me at the beginning of episode 6 and I thought it was some kind of dark flashback but it was so dark I could barely make out the characters on the TV. I checked the episode on my phone and it didn't look like that so I turned it off and turned it back on and it was back to normal.
Oh right. That must be something different to what I'm talking about then, because I've just done another Google search and there's tons of people complaining about it. Apparently it's a "stylistic" choice and is to do with the way it's been shot...

Oh right. That must be something different to what I'm talking about then, because I've just done another Google search and there's tons of people complaining about it. Apparently it's a "stylistic" choice and is to do with the way it's been shot...
Yeah it happened throughout. Was weird. I did think it was a creative choice but couldn’t work out why

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah it happened throughout. Was weird. I did think it was a creative choice but couldn’t work out why
That's what's confusing me too... if it is a creative choice, then why? Usually that effect is used to signify that we're viewing something from someone else's point of view, but the fact it comes and goes within seconds makes me think it wasn't intentional at all. It's almost like they just applied the wrong lens or something daft like that lol. Whatever the reason, it's super distracting!

Ugh... finally made it to the end of season 3. I feel like this show gets weaker and weaker the longer it goes on, and I end up hating at least one of the main characters by the end of each season lol. The whole end-of-the-world thing is reeeeally boring now too, which was my main complaint with season 2, so the fact they did it AGAIN is just taking the wizz. Hopefully they actually try something different for season 4, otherwise I probably just won't bother.