The Vault Film Collection Feedback Poll

What were the best parts of this Collectible Edition?

• Vice Press Artwork

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Outer Box and Acetate O-Ring

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Art Cards

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Foldout Digipack

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Plaque (crystal etched)

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • In World Artefacts

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
The Problem isn't that they are "sliding in". This can be fixed easily by brining the paper thing back in it's position.

The Problem is that this heavy as **** stone is damaging all the paper construction around it. On my copies, there are several cracks and dents in the paper around the stone.

If they only improve on the "sliding in" problem but not on the destroyed paper, I'm really disappointed.

I echo this, friend. My copies of Blade Runner and Goodfellas are both absolute dog's dinners inside the box: around the stone is both creased and torn, the cardboard interior clearly unable to support the weight of the plaque. It's hugely disappointing, given the money involved.

Hopefully the next phase is released with plastic/foam trays, that resolve the problem. I'd also like to think we'd be able to order a couple of spare trays, to remedy the damaged boxes so many of us have. It kinda takes the shine off investing further with this collection. I'd like to remedy that which I currently have, and which is a mess inside. If they were to address this, then a little action would go a long, long way.

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
Film Vault
Wave 1
(001) Blade Runner
(002) Goodfellas
(003) Scarface
(004) 1917

Wave 2
(005) The Shawshank Redemption
(006) Jaws
(007) 2001: A Space Odyssey
(008) Apollo 13

Wave 2
(006) Jaws
(008) Apollo 13
Damn, looks like I'll have to buy Jaws for the first time ever, on any format, in 26 years of collecting...
I've decided this one series I will have all releases of.

• Wow
Reactions: Noodles
I echo this, friend. My copies of Blade Runner and Goodfellas are both absolute dog's dinners inside the box: around the stone is both creased and torn, the cardboard interior clearly unable to support the weight of the plaque. It's hugely disappointing, given the money involved.

Hopefully the next phase is released with plastic/foam trays, that resolve the problem. I'd also like to think we'd be able to order a couple of spare trays, to remedy the damaged boxes so many of us have. It kinda takes the shine off investing further with this collection. I'd like to remedy that which I currently have, and which is a mess inside. If they were to address this, then a little action would go a long, long way.
Sorry to hear this. We’re aware of the issues with the plaque fitment from our first releases so have listened to feedback and re-enforced the packaging for these

Reactions: Sinthoras_96
Film Vault
Wave 1
(001) Blade Runner
(002) Goodfellas
(003) Scarface
(004) 1917

Wave 2
(006) Jaws
(008) Apollo 13

Whilst admittedly I didn't get any of the first wave (well I bought Blade Runner but then sold it instantly without even opening it) that second wave is really disappointing in comparison

Feels like every other month there's a new 2001 and Jaws release these days. Art on them all looks nice as expected but they're just films I have absolutely no interest in

Reactions: Flloydo
Sorry to hear this. We’re aware of the issues with the plaque fitment from our first releases so have listened to feedback and re-enforced the packaging for these
So @johnnythm it turned out this claim was utter rubbish, the new batch from wave 2 are exactly the same from the first batch, My Jaws set turned up on Saturday, with the glass block loose and had broke through the left side. Reports from others say similar things, including similar damage to the first wave.

There is no difference in the card, shaping or construction of the internals from the first wave.
Glasss block surround Jaws.jpg

Attachments

• Jaws Blu-ray holder surround.jpg
    Jaws Blu-ray holder surround.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 41
  • Jaws glass block surround hole.jpg
    Jaws glass block surround hole.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 44
So what was even the point of this feedback thread? They literally changed nothing and listened to nobody. Even lying directly to customer's faces about addressing future packaging design problems. Shame on Vice Press.

Reactions: Bizl
So what was even the point of this feedback thread? They literally changed nothing and listened to nobody. Even lying directly to customer's faces about addressing future packaging design problems. Shame on Vice Press.
Well, actually not 'directly to customer's faces', more like to their avatars...:spoil:

Reactions: Fisheds
So @johnnythm it turned out this claim was utter rubbish, the new batch from wave 2 are exactly the same from the first batch, My Jaws set turned up on Saturday, with the glass block loose and had broke through the left side. Reports from others say similar things, including similar damage to the first wave.

There is no difference in the card, shaping or construction of the internals from the first wave.
View attachment 562535
Can confirm my copy was the same. No damage thankfully but the flap had pushed down at the side which allows the plaque to slide to the side

I believe last time many were ripping downward as well. Side to side only is progress. Maybe by the third wave, they'll manage the side flaps as well.
Can't ask much more of humanity in 2023, it's not the 80's or 90's anymore... :spoil:

I never bought one admittedly, I really couln't see the point of using a 'template' design for more than one movie title, which is what they have done. The 'design' isn't that exciting either,. at least in my opinion.

It's only going to work for one or 2 titles, not anymore than that.

I never bought one admittedly, I really couln't see the point of using a 'template' design for more than one movie title, which is what they have done. The 'design' isn't that exciting either,. at least in my opinion.

It's only going to work for one or 2 titles, not anymore than that.
Whaaaat? It's working great, they look nice together, and they are changing the included printed materials from movie to movie accordingly.

I received my copies from Vice Press today. The packaging was very good and there was no damage on the outside of the editions. But when I opened my Jaws, I saw this.

Thank you a lot for "improving" I guess...

received_290868097066458.jpeg

And that crystal stone also leaves a lot of marks on the backside of the goodies envelope. Especially when it slides around like crazy.

received_272729831766286.jpeg

I love the outside look of these sets but this is just disappointing. I'm already considering to replace the whole construction inside with a custom solution in some way.

• Wow
Reactions: astycorax