The Vault Film Collection Feedback Poll

What were the best parts of this Collectible Edition?

• Vice Press Artwork

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Outer Box and Acetate O-Ring

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Art Cards

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Foldout Digipack

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Plaque (crystal etched)

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • In World Artefacts

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
It's great that feedback is being sought. These are really nice editions, and I applaud the different approach they are taking, but definitely have room for improvement.

Artwork: excellent, the highlight of these editions.
Finish: not bad, but could be improved with more spot gloss.
Acetate o-ring: nice, but needs a j-card and sticker ratings logos rather than printed info.
Size: I quite like it as it maximises the artwork size. The CD size digi-pak also not really an issue for me, but wouldn't object to a standard size (perhaps if the plaque was removed).
Art cards: these are fine, but I would prefer a booklet instead of or in addition to.
Plaque: I can take it or leave it, but the packing issues need to be resolved if kept for future editions. If this is bumping up the cost significantly, I'd say ditch them.

Overall a really solid start to this line and I hope it continues (with some tweaks as noted above).

Reactions: Noodles
I love digipacks, and actually prefer them to 'plastbooks' steelbooks, so definitely need to keep that.
But a hardcover booklet with more awesome art on it would go very well with that digipack. Look at Harry Potter Ultimate editions for an example of thin, yet classy and informative hardcover booklets that are easy to open and look at, because they're horizontal! How many of these other booklets can't even open more than half way, and you got that two page art on them half hidden in the crease somewhere.

Adding a CD soundtrack would be great as well. NO folded poster though, as some reviewers asked. And keep the photocards, don't listen to 'youtubers' like Elliot Coen from "Boutique Blu-rays" channel, better yet don't send such people free review copies, they just don't get it, and do not represent the collector community such editions appeal to.
Of course do keep the box, at least same size - if something needs to be changed inside, so they match with the first four. You'll piss off everyone who bought them more, if you change it, than please those who didn't and probably won't anyway, believe me.

Reactions: vinny and Noodles
I love digipacks, and actually prefer them to 'plastbooks' steelbooks, so definitely need to keep that.
But a hardcover booklet with more awesome art on it would go very well with that digipack. Look at Harry Potter Ultimate editions for an example of thin, yet classy and informative hardcover booklets that are easy to open and look at, because they're horizontal! How many of these other booklets can't even open more than half way, and you got that two page art on them half hidden in the crease somewhere.

Adding a CD soundtrack would be great as well. NO folded poster though, as some reviewers asked. And keep the photocards, don't listen to 'youtubers' like Elliot Coen from "Boutique Blu-rays" channel, better yet don't send such people free review copies, they just don't get it, and do not represent the collector community such editions appeal to.
Of course do keep the box, at least same size - if something needs to be changed inside, so they match with the first four. You'll piss off everyone who bought them more, if you change it, than please those who didn't and probably won't anyway, believe me.
Some very good points here ^

Posters are pointless if they're folded. Although I'm sure VP would never dream of doing that anyway, considering posters/prints are their speciality.

One thing I hate more than anything when it comes to collecting is inconsistency... I like my sets to all look alike and match in terms of the design and size. I've lost count of how many times a studio has released matching steelbooks for a franchise, only to then change them up again once the next film in the series is released. It just puts me off wanting to buy them. There's nothing more satisfying than having a shelf full of a particular collection that all match IMO - take Mondo x for example (ignore the old Warner Bros wave though lol).

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yeah, I don't think they'll be doing folded ones in-box, as they specialize in proper big ones, that ship rolled.

I’d actually accept a mini steelbook. Same size as the CD digipak but room for a booklet or something underneath.

Like that mini John wick steelbook, the guardians soundtracks and the ones with ToCs mad max

I’d actually accept a mini steelbook. Same size as the CD digipak but room for a booklet or something underneath.

Like that mini John wick steelbook, the guardians soundtracks and the ones with ToCs mad max
I'm a fan of the mini steels as well. Shame they didn't take off, especially the soundtrack ones.

Reactions: Flloydo
The inner card is waaaaay too flimsy. What's the point of saving a few pennies on thin card that is easily damaged and then having to deal with loads of returns? It's counter productive. The glass blocks are stunning, but they are heavy so thicker card inside is needed. I bought 2 of each and half of them were damaged.

Other than that, they are lovely and I can't wait for more. I think it's important to stick to the same size as the previous ones as collectors like myself get annoyed when you collect a series like this that changes dramatically halfway through.

Also, it would be good for the ratings labels to be stickers rather than printed on the outer sleeve so they can be removed.

If it doesnt fit in the box I dont want it, no print/poster unless folded in the box :) I want self contained packaging.

The mini steelbooks for Mad Max FF, GOTG 1&2 soundtracks and the John Wick's did not contain a physical media disc in my memory. I highly doubt a disc would even fit ;)
The soundtracks definitely did because I own them lol. I agree the digital codes for the others was a stupid idea though, especially when they can easily fit discs inside.

The soundtracks definitely did because I own them lol. I agree the digital codes for the others was a stupid idea though, especially when they can easily fit discs inside.
There's no way a CD-sized disc fits in those mini-steelbooks (maybe an 8cm one), they made them too small. A minidisc would, which is what I dreamingly joked about upon buying a couple.

MD.gif

They should make a third 'medium' size for CDs, and maybe there are already and I just don't know.

There's no way a CD-sized disc fits in those mini-steelbooks (maybe an 8cm one), they made them too small. A minidisc would, which is what I dreamingly joked about upon buying a couple.

View attachment 550070

They should make a third 'medium' size for CDs, and maybe there are already and I just don't know.
Nope, it's a full size CD. Granted it's basically touching the very edges of the steelbook though lol.