The Walking Dead [Image/Skybound]

Graves0777

This guy hates cans!
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2012
USS Sulaco
walking-dead-1.jpg

Anyone reading walking dead. Im pretty behind on all other comics but walking dead is so good I can't get behind on that one :) Just finished issue 100, anyone else? I need to discuss this issue lol.

Attachments

• The_Walking_Dead_46f5d_138x138.png
    The_Walking_Dead_46f5d_138x138.png
    37 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down with discussing #100, but I'll be using spoiler tags so it isn't ruined for the people who pop in here.

As I said in the other thread, this issue disgusted me. I thought it was tasteless, depressing and sad. It actually made me sick to my stomach when "the scene" happened. So much so that I had to quit reading at that point.

As upsetting as
Glenn's death was, it wouldn't've been as bad if it was depicted in another way. Say the villain chooses Maggie and in runs Glenn to try and save her. Boom... Glenn's dead. To just randomly choose him and basically say to the fan base, "What's that? This is your favourite character? Okay... we're gonna bash his brains in over and over and make you stare at it. Enjoy."... that was disturbing. I've read that character for 9 years now and to see him shamelessly killed like that without reason or honour was just disgusting. I'm a Kirkman fan, but this was a major fail from him. Same goes for Adlard... he could've easily refused drawing that and said, "You know what Robert? Fans love this character... I don't think I need to show 10 panels of his head being brutally destroyed."

So yeah, I think I'm done. I hate how The Walking Dead can literally have zero happiness in it. I know it's dealing with a zombie apocalypse, but everything doesn't need to feel so hopeless all the time.As soon as
a character's FINALLY happy, they're killed off in a ridiculously brutal way. Just thinking about Glenn's death again makes me nauseous.
That scene was totally uncalled for.

Well I can completely understand where you are coming from but on the other hand it really depicts the reality and direness of it all. It shows how fast anyone can go, I know it was very brutal, but in my eyes they have now established this new Negan as a seriously sadistic character, who I can say is pretty close to governor status just from one issue. I definitely felt queazy during glen's death, and will surely be missed. I just think it is amazing how Kirkman and Adlard can get under your skin so much from a comic book. I have never had a comic shock me and make me this tense. Hell, most movies cannot do this. I understand you are upset with this random death, but I'm interested in seeing where they story goes from here.

'do not open the spoilers', 'do not open the spoilers', ' do NOT open the spoilers'... It's hard...I want to see, but at the same time I don't....

'do not open the spoilers', 'do not open the spoilers', ' do NOT open the spoilers'... It's hard...I want to see, but at the same time I don't....

I just sent you a PM outlining the whole thing Ant. That will save you from reading.

Just finished issue #100 and I have to say I agree with tridon...

I didn't mind that Glenn was killed... I'm sure others liked other characters that were killed. Glenn was definitely one of my favorite characters, and to be honest this episode sort of ruins the show for me.

I mean it could always change, they seem to be taking a pretty liberal approach to the show, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I didn't mind that he was killed, I didn't even mind that it was so savage. It was definitely disturbing, but I can deal with it... The thing that pisses me off is that the books are SO repetitive. It took me a while to figure it out, but they repeat the same **** over and over. ANYTIME something good happens to a character they die. Anytime a new "villain" is met he has to be a sick ****.

I'll keep reading and watching to see what happens, but the death of Glenn definitely put a damper in my caring about the show. Now the only character I look forward to reading about is Carl... Lets see what happens with him.

If you have a smart phone and the free ComiXology app use this code for the FREE digital copy of "The Walking Dead Vol. 1 - Days Gone Bye"

198bd7be93c2b4ba558cb0ab7d074792

As always let people know if you use this so they don't try to.

After watching an episode at a friends house while waiting for the midnight showing of the Hunger Games I got hooked and ran through both seasons that weekend.

I was going to watch it when it first came out but missed the first episode and I listened to my father who said he didn't like it as we usually like the same type of shows. I am so upset that I ever did.

But after watching the seasons I really wanted to read the comics so I borrowed a frineds copy who had the books (the 6 issues per copy) and ran through them. But its much more depressing and oh the cliffhangers...

Also for anyone interested in the NYC/Tri State Area, it looks like Kirkman will be at NYCC this year. Now being a WD fan this makes me excited.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I'm down with discussing #100, but I'll be using spoiler tags so it isn't ruined for the people who pop in here.

As I said in the other thread, this issue disgusted me. I thought it was tasteless, depressing and sad. It actually made me sick to my stomach when "the scene" happened. So much so that I had to quit reading at that point.

As upsetting as
Glenn's death was, it wouldn't've been as bad if it was depicted in another way. Say the villain chooses Maggie and in runs Glenn to try and save her. Boom... Glenn's dead. To just randomly choose him and basically say to the fan base, "What's that? This is your favourite character? Okay... we're gonna bash his brains in over and over and make you stare at it. Enjoy."... that was disturbing. I've read that character for 9 years now and to see him shamelessly killed like that without reason or honour was just disgusting. I'm a Kirkman fan, but this was a major fail from him. Same goes for Adlard... he could've easily refused drawing that and said, "You know what Robert? Fans love this character... I don't think I need to show 10 panels of his head being brutally destroyed."

So yeah, I think I'm done. I hate how The Walking Dead can literally have zero happiness in it. I know it's dealing with a zombie apocalypse, but everything doesn't need to feel so hopeless all the time.As soon as
a character's FINALLY happy, they're killed off in a ridiculously brutal way. Just thinking about Glenn's death again makes me nauseous.
That scene was totally uncalled for.

I'm somewhere in the 90's this is intriguing.

Oh and quoting this posts opens up the spoilers so i have to look at my keyboard and not the screen when i type this :D

Just finished issue 100 and I have to agree this is getting depressing, I mean it has been depressing since the beginning but it's like lay off man does every issue have to have a character you like endure pain, misery or death. Can't we have a red shirt for that. Although to to me Carl losing an eye was worse.

As to putting it down in disgust I agree that this in this series and the red wedding in another series makes you put this down and be like OK done for a while.

As to this relating to the TV show, I try not to equate the issues with the show so I am not concerned with Glenn right now (also issue 100 is like 3 or 4 seasons away). I am just curious to see if they go through with Rick's loss of limb in this upcoming season...

Just finished issue 100 and I have to agree this is getting depressing, I mean it has been depressing since the beginning but it's like lay off man does every issue have to have a character you like endure pain, misery or death. Can't we have a red shirt for that. Although to to me Carl losing an eye was worse.

As to putting it down in disgust I agree that this in this series and the red wedding in another series makes you put this down and be like OK done for a while.

As to this relating to the TV show, I try not to equate the issues with the show so I am not concerned with Glenn right now (also issue 100 is like 3 or 4 seasons away). I am just curious to see if they go through with Rick's loss of limb in this upcoming season...

The creators of the show have said that the show and the comics are in alternate universes... So NONE of the stuff that happened in the books have to happen in the show. They just use the books for plot points. So I doubt
Glenn is going anywhere.
Unless they need a ratings boost.

The creators of the show have said that the show and the comics are in alternate universes... So NONE of the stuff that happened in the books have to happen in the show. They just use the books for plot points. So I doubt
Glenn is going anywhere.
Unless they need a ratings boost.

Right now I'm not concerned about Glenn, the show is at about Issue 20ish if you were trying to do a comparison, Glenn gets it in episode 100 which would be season 5 or 6 if they ever went that route. Dale gets it a lot sooner and with cannibals

My biggest concern for the upcoming season is Rick's hand :ohno:

Right now I'm not concerned about Glenn, the show is at about Issue 20ish if you were trying to do a comparison, Glenn gets it in episode 100 which would be season 5 or 6 if they ever went that route. Dale gets it a lot sooner and with cannibals

My biggest concern for the upcoming season is Rick's hand :ohno:

Don't read the spoiler if you haven't watched the show.

Dale is already dead in the show... He died from the Zombie that Carl was messing with on the farm... I doubt Rick will lose the hand. Maybe but IDK. It's TV so i'm concerned the whole next season is going to be too tame. We'll see.

Don't read the spoiler if you haven't watched the show.

Dale is already dead in the show... He died from the Zombie that Carl was messing with on the farm... I doubt Rick will lose the hand. Maybe but IDK. It's TV so i'm concerned the whole next season is going to be too tame. We'll see.

I completely forgot he died already, watched it so long ago. :emb:

As far is the show is concerned I would be much more upset if Daryl got it than Glenn. Glenn is cool and all and a good character in the show but Daryl is the best. But this is getting OT as I beleive the thread is more for the comics.

It just seems every issue some long standing character gets it. They really need a few red shirt months

I completely forgot he died already, watched it so long ago. :emb:

As far is the show is concerned I would be much more upset if Daryl got it than Glenn. Glenn is cool and all and a good character in the show but Daryl is the best. But this is getting OT as I beleive the thread is more for the comics.

It just seems every issue some long standing character gets it. They really need a few red shirt months

lol. Glenn and Carl are my favorite characters. I'd rather Daryl go... Or his ****** brother that I don't like at all. haha. But yeah. I guess we could take that talk to the TV section. lol

I'll be interested in how closely they follow the comic. There are a lot of things that I don't think they'll do: Rick's hand, Carl almost getting rapped, Michone's **** MIGHT be mentioned, etc. I don't think it'll be as crazy as the comics.