The Walking Dead [Image/Skybound]

Graves0777

This guy hates cans!
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2012
USS Sulaco
walking-dead-1.jpg

Anyone reading walking dead. Im pretty behind on all other comics but walking dead is so good I can't get behind on that one :) Just finished issue 100, anyone else? I need to discuss this issue lol.

Attachments

• The_Walking_Dead_46f5d_138x138.png
    The_Walking_Dead_46f5d_138x138.png
    37 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by a moderator:
lol. Glenn and Carl are my favorite characters. I'd rather Daryl go... Or his ****** brother that I don't like at all. haha. But yeah. I guess we could take that talk to the TV section. lol

I'll be interested in how closely they follow the comic. There are a lot of things that I don't think they'll do: Rick's hand, Carl almost getting rapped, Michone's **** MIGHT be mentioned, etc. I don't think it'll be as crazy as the comics.

If the show was as depressing as the comics it would be nowhere near as popular

Reading this now. avoiding the discussion because I'm only 15 issues in or so.

I'm on the part where
the two little girls got killed in the prison, and now that nerdy guy is gonna try to kill Andrea in the laundry room.

This series is fantastic! Reading the on my iPad. Crazy crazy ****.

Finished issue 101.

disappointed in issue #100. As Jeff mentioned to me earlier it seemed too much shock value.

I thought the Negan guy's cursing was just ridiculously over the top and distracting. It's one reason why I cannot get into the show Deadwood because it's just stupid with the cursing. I'm not a prude and I can enjoy a lot of cursing, it's just when the cursing is just for shock value's sake, it's no longer interesting to me.

The scene involving the death of
Glenn
was pretty shocking and really pissed me off because that's my favorite character. lol. I kinda figured it would happen eventually, because you can only have so many instances of
Maggie crying about not wanting him to leave or him saying "I'm not going to live through this".

Overall I love the series, but now that I'm caught up I'm stuck in the holding pattern with everyone else. lol

I like the series but there are definite arcs that it repeats that make it a bit tiresome... IDK. I like it. But after
the prison
I was ready for some different sort of character development.

Instead it's the same ****. I really liked
the Cannibals
but that part was so short lived to make way for
Negan and his gang. Which felt like a rehash of the governor and his gang.

After awhile I think there's not much they can do that won't seem like it's been done before. I don't think this is the best choice for a comic that is open ended. Perhaps it could have been done as a 50 issue series, or even 75, but once it's going on and on and on, it's inevitable that it'll be repetitive.

I mean the chance of them finding a place and it becoming overrun with zombies or survivors is 100% at this point. The only question is how soon before everyone starts thinking "hey I can make a life here" right before everything goes to hell? lol

After awhile I think there's not much they can do that won't seem like it's been done before. I don't think this is the best choice for a comic that is open ended. Perhaps it could have been done as a 50 issue series, or even 75, but once it's going on and on and on, it's inevitable that it'll be repetitive.

I mean the chance of them finding a place and it becoming overrun with zombies or survivors is 100% at this point. The only question is how soon before everyone starts thinking "hey I can make a life here" right before everything goes to hell? lol

You know what they need to do... and what I was hoping they'd do in #100? They need to kill Rick and focus the story on Carl. Have Michonne and Andrea train him into a zombie killing machine who still has his father's morals. This book will never get out of its repetitive rut unless something drastic like that happens.

Rick needs to quit saying I know whats best and I keep getting put into leadership rolls and start letting others lead. Seriously half this crap happens cause he leaves the group

Rick needs to quit saying I know whats best and I keep getting put into leadership rolls and start letting others lead. Seriously half this crap happens cause he leaves the group

Yeah, exactly. He's really a useless twat now. I was sooo mad about Glen biting it in #100 because it should've been Rick. Glen does a lot more for the community than Rick has in the last 50 issues. He's only leader because he's a good talker and was a cop once. Rick needs to die... I just hope it'll be in some heroic fashion and not something like Negan shoving his bat up his Rick's ass until he dies. Knowing Kirkman, though, it'll be something unnecessary and disgusting.

I'm getting really worried about Invincible #100. :ohno:

Yeah, exactly. He's really a useless twat now. I was sooo mad about Glen biting it in #100 because it should've been Rick. Glen does a lot more for the community than Rick has in the last 50 issues. He's only leader because he's a good talker and was a cop once. Rick needs to die... I just hope it'll be in some heroic fashion and not something like Negan shoving his bat up his Rick's ass until he dies. Knowing Kirkman, though, it'll be something unnecessary and disgusting.

I'm getting really worried about Invincible #100. :ohno:

No I meant leadership bread :hilarious:

I don't really want to see Rick dead, especially as Carl has lost everyone including an Eye but I just want Rick to sit back a little bit.

I really don't know where they can take a zombie apocalypse. My idea would be for them to run into a community that has an experiment lab by doctors trying to reverse the zombies or maybe trying to create some type of antigen for survivors making it so they don't turn and that goes awry. At least if someone dies it comes from a different angle, just not always ill intentions. It would be even better if Rick and Co knew about the experimenting from the get go.

I don't read that series so I can't comment

No I meant leadership bread :hilarious:

I don't really want to see Rick dead, especially as Carl has lost everyone including an Eye but I just want Rick to sit back a little bit.

I really don't know where they can take a zombie apocalypse. My idea would be for them to run into a community that has an experiment lab by doctors trying to reverse the zombies or maybe trying to create some type of antigen for survivors making it so they don't turn and that goes awry. At least if someone dies it comes from a different angle, just not always ill intentions. It would be even better if Rick and Co knew about the experimenting from the get go.

I don't read that series so I can't comment

Well if Rick doesn't die soon, I hope he at least loses his legs so he can STAY THE **** OUT OF THE WAY! :p

There are MILLIONS of places this series can go because this isn't a zombie series. This is a dramatic series with zombies. Any number of real life dramatic moments, or any dramatic moment from a movie/book/TV show ALL apply to this story. Kirkman has said countless times that this isn't about the zombies it's about the people.

Being that it's about the people, and a zombie attack hasn't happened in nearly 20 issues, there's too much that can happen that doesn't have to revolve around this cycle that they're doing. If they had these events happen 50 issues later and had more interesting stuff happen during this period we're in now it would be been better. It's just the same cycle that hasn't been broken up.

Just got Walking Dead HC Books 1 to 8...question is when can I find the time to reaad them....mmmmm...

oh and how the hell am I gonna carry all these home...they are freaking heavy!
might have to do one a day!

I got this for Xmas and just finished it - wont spoil anything but very enjoyable :)

Also got the Walking Dead novel The Road To Woodbury - just started but already engrossed :)

im looking forward to reading it :) , too bad we have to wait until summer for vol 9 :(

are the novels based on the tv-show or the comic?