The Walking Dead [Image/Skybound]

Graves0777

This guy hates cans!
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2012
USS Sulaco
walking-dead-1.jpg

Anyone reading walking dead. Im pretty behind on all other comics but walking dead is so good I can't get behind on that one :) Just finished issue 100, anyone else? I need to discuss this issue lol.

Attachments

• The_Walking_Dead_46f5d_138x138.png
    The_Walking_Dead_46f5d_138x138.png
    37 KB · Views: 266
Last edited by a moderator:
So who's excited for issue #115, new cover artist and inker being added to the team, releasing an issue every fortnight, I know I am :scat:

Honestly, I quit reading with issue #100. That issue was too gut-wrenching for me to handle. I was so pissed off and sad after that issue, I just quit reading. I hate Negan with a passion, too; not only because of the events in #100, but because he's just incredibly annoying to read. The new arc does sound interesting, but as for now, I'm staying done with the comic series.

I can't seem to read and buy The Walking Dead comics, cause it my ruin my tv series experience. I'll just buy them all after the series are done.

I have to agree with PunkNinja. I'm interested in reading some of these, but now I have Fox I can actually keep up with the tv show and this would probably spoil it for me.

I can't seem to read and buy The Walking Dead comics, cause it my ruin my tv series experience. I'll just buy them all after the series are done.

I was going to do the same but curiosity got the better of me when my friend who is a long time reader of the comics ensured me that the TV show has become its 'own thing' and although certain storylines are followed and of course some characters appear, they are now different enough to enjoy separately.

The first season pretty much followed the first story arcs but after that its slowly evolved and is now very close to the comics in some ways but very different in others to the point that reading the comics, you might think you can anticipate whats coming but might not, also some very significant events from the comics didnt happen in the TV show...Ive not almost caught up with the comics, having read almost all the trade paperbacks, I started buying the individual comics from the start of the 'all out war' story (weather I read them or keep them minty fresh in bags as they are all signed by Charlie Adlard remains to be seen), I might continue with the TP's as they seem to be released pretty quickly

I stopped reading the comic for ages once the show started, again worrying that it would reveal too much. But as others have said, it often varies so much I don't mind anymore. So when something big happens (like in issue 100, for example), there's probably only a 50/50 that it will happen in the show anyway.

im looking forward to reading it :) , too bad we have to wait until summer for vol 9 :(

are the novels based on the tv-show or the comic?

The novels are based on the comic to my knowledge, at least the first one is anyway as that's the only one i've read so far

Having just picked up compendiums 1 & 2 plus the next 4 volumes after I'm pleasantly surprised (and occasionally confused) by the differences in story lines at points. It does mean I'm enjoying them immensely though due to the variations and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through compendium 1 :D

Is anyone else current with this, I just binge read the last few issues; 142-147; since I was a bit behind and i really need a hug right now, OMG...

Reactions: bigfub
Start reading a Month ago. actually issue is 96.
Can't wait to get to 100
bad thing is, i know who die. Anybody doesn't know that Comic Spoilers do not seek in the SHOW Threat

1663893701270.png

Today Skybound revealed a captivating set of all-new The Walking Dead Deluxe connecting variant covers from first-class artist Tula Lotay (All Star Batman, Barnstormers). Kicking off the next arc of the landmark series, Lotay’s connecting covers showcase iconic characters Rick, Carl, Lori, Michonne, Glenn and Andrea as never seen before.

These all-new covers will appear as variants to The Walking Dead Deluxe #49-54, with each issue presenting the series in full color format for the first time from creator Robert Kirkman, with art by Charlie Adlard and colors by Dave McCaig. Fans will also receive a new look at the worldwide pop culture phenomenon with exclusive “Cutting Room Floor” commentary, revelations, pinups and more from Kirkman celebrating the secret history of the series.

"After following up recent cover runs from Mike Del Mundo, Stephen Platt & Dave McCaig, and Paolo Rivera, we’re so excited that Tula Lotay is our next artist illustrating an incredible set of connecting covers for The Walking Dead Deluxe,” said Amanda LaFranco, Editor at Skybound. “The emotion she’s bringing to these illustrations captures the next harrowing arc so well, which sees our group splintered and separated after the events at the prison. Tula has such an immaculate eye when it comes to character, I’m so thrilled she went in this direction for these covers gracing our next six issues.”

The Walking Dead Deluxe #49 will be available at comic book shops and digital platforms including Amazon Kindle, Apple Books, comiXology, and Google Play on Wednesday, October 19, 2022.

A full list of the connecting covers is below:
  • The Walking Dead Deluxe #49 CVR C LOTAY (AUG220258)
  • The Walking Dead Deluxe #50 CVR C LOTAY (SEP220083)
  • The Walking Dead Deluxe #51 CVR C LOTAY (SEP220089)
  • The Walking Dead Deluxe #52 CVR C LOTAY (OCT220247)
  • The Walking Dead Deluxe #53 CVR C LOTAY (OCT220250)
  • The Walking Dead Deluxe #54 CVR C LOTAY (look for information in the January 2023 on-sale Diamond Previews catalogue)

For more info and updates, visit www.skybound.com.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg