Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
judging and watching the preview's i knew it was going to be good...
Hopefully they get smart about it and end up making a movie release on their very last season...5!!

hehe

The Walking Dead Gets Renewed For Second Season!

AMC network is rewarding its new zombie drama "The Walking Dead" with life for a second season after just two episodes have aired.

The series premiered Halloween night as an instant hit, drawing 5.3 million viewers. The second episode, which aired Sunday, was seen by 4.7 million viewers.

Set in the Atlanta area, "The Walking Dead" stars Andrew Lincoln as a small-town police officer leading a group of survivors after a zombie apocalypse. It is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman.

oh wow, i'm kind of surprised by the numbers of the 2nd episode. figured it would have dropped off by more. good news!

anyone watch tonight's episode?.

i was hoping they would blow that essay's head off with all tough talking with a shot gun already pointed at his head about to paint his buddies red with bit's of hair and eyeballs ;)

anyone watch tonight's episode?.

i was hoping they would blow that essay's head off with all tough talking with a shot gun already pointed at his head about to paint his buddies red with bit's of hair and eyeballs ;)

DVR'ed and going to be watching it as soon as everyone gets back home.

The Walking Dead Lets Go of Writers

uh..wtf

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=72020

Deadline is reporting that "The Walking Dead" writer/executive producer/director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the AMC series, which has been renewed for a 13-episode second season that's likely to debut in October of 2011.

The site adds that Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season and assign scripts to freelancers. No reason is given, though they say that no final decision has been made with all options open, including a possible combination of a writing staff/freelancers.

Darabont wrote two of the first season's six episodes, the pilot and second episode, and he co-wrote/rewrote the other four.

In related news, The Hollywood Reporter says that AMC is planning to release the first season on DVD and Blu-ray in Spring 2011 through Anchor Bay Entertainment.

Read more: The Walking Dead Lets Go of Writers - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=72020#ixzz16rkFkO3S

Now that this show is over there doesn't seem to be much talk about it. This is EXACTLY the way I feel after watching the final episode. There just isn't anything TO talk about, lol. I thought this series was awesome right up til the final episode. then it just fell flat for me.

Maybe if they introduced us to that doctor geek a little earlier we may have a built some sort of relationship with him but one episode just isn't enough. Also, WTF happened to buddy's brother that they left handcuffed on the roof. I remember them tracking him but I don't remember them resolving what had happened.

anyway, I will watch next season but not expecting it will keep my attention too long. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen to this series.

6 episodes was way too short for a season. and getting rid of the writer's for the 2nd season really has me worried. i think i'll stick to the comic :/

the serie's did crash at the end....i mean Glen bob is Right

what the hell happened to the guy who was hand cuffed to the pole on top of the building?

also,why was their so many dead scene's of Talking and Drama that you've seen a million when someone's friend die's..

went down hill IMO,i just thought watching the last few episode's "Man this episode sucks,their was so much action and involvement of the viewer of thinking *whats going to happen next* then it turn's into a dead drift of all this talking and played out story's you've saw before...

i almost have no hope for season 2,i'm not even going to care if i miss the premiere of it if this is the way it's going..

must have missed this last week.
TV: AMC Fixing 'The Walking Dead'?
Friday, February 4, 2011

Something needs to change, and I sincerely think AMC is going to be misguided with all the overly positive opinions on the first season of The Walking Dead (I know we're all excited to get a horror series on TV, but come on, it's NOT the best thing ever, yet). Let's just say it was a start, but it needs some serious work, especially in the character development category. Thankfully, the earlier announcement that Frank Darabont "disbanded" the writing staff to "explore the idea of using freelancers" is no longer the case, but will AMC push to make this better, or was last season the "standard"? I would like to think the former...

It surely helps that Glen Mazzara has closed a deal to join AMC's breakout hit as a writing executive producer and No.2 to creator/ executive producer/ director Frank Darabont for the show’s upcoming second season. He is in the process of putting together a staff of about 5 writers, reports Deadline. Season two will carry 13 episodes. And for the umptienth time, please, please, pleassssseeee work on the character development!