• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell wut...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stevethos

BANNED
Jul 13, 2015
So @eonedirect has confirmed that seasons 4, 5 and 6 will be coming later this year with Jock artwork and in slim cases. This is obviously awesome and the fans are ecstatic about it.

We are now left with a slight OCD-related dilemma. Seasons 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 (and hopefully beyond) will be slim cases. Season 3 will be the jumbo sat in the middle. Kinda like this...

vFQfcyl.jpg

What we need is a season 3 conversion kit. This would comprise of a new slim case, with no discs or front/rear plates. Just a spine label. Just an empty case with a spine label. Then those of us who already own season 3 can convert it to a matching slim case. How? Well, I'm glad you asked. Enter @cudzndrips ...

You can see from his video how easy it is to remove the plates and put back on.

Hopefully with enough votes we can show Eone that there will be a demand for this product and convince them to do a limited run so our The Walking Dead collection can be consistent!

I'd snag it up in a heart beat even though I already slimmed mine down. Having a legit spine would be nice.

not 100% sure but i think it is not allowed to sell empty steelbook cases and the only exception were the czech missprints from the french lenticular wave that came without an border, i believe scanavo confirmed that couple years ago.

as stated in the walking dead thread, im almost sure its not possible to sell empty steelbook cases because of the legal rights with the movie studios. think it was official confirmed here in a discussion about empty sb cases few years ago maybe someone else can remember the link to bring proof to it?

so i dont want to be pessimistic but i see very low chances for that happens if all players like scanavo, amc, eon and prolly also entertainment store ,if they still holding any exclusive rights on s3 in the uk, have to be involved in a exceptional special deal for a limited empty printrun nobody is really making money out of.

For the right price I would go for it - would there be inside artwork to go with it?
This is my only concern. The inside art would essentially be the plain metal backs of the plates. You could of course follow the steps in the above video and create your own inside art, or Eone could provide paper artwork that keeps in line with what we already have in seasons 1 and 2.