Multi The Walking Dead (Telltale Games)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
The-Walking-Dead5.png

Based on Robert Kirkman’s groundbreaking comic book series, The Walking Dead is a five part episodic Adventure Horror game that will be available for digital download this spring for all major gaming platforms.

the-walking-dead-the-game-20120214054650780_640w.jpg

Telling the story of a new group of survivors as they struggle to flee the horror of Atlanta and the surrounding communities consumed by the undead, The Walking Dead offers players the chance to experience the very first days of the apocalypse.

the-walking-dead-the-game-20120214054659442_640w.jpg

Dan Connors, Telltale co-founder and CEO said:​
Telltale has always believed in sharing and interacting with our fans as much as possible as we head towards the launch of a game and Playing Dead is an exciting evolution of that process. I don’t think any other developer or publisher has created anything quite like this before and we really hope that people will enjoy it.

Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead added:​
What’s really exciting is that they’re telling a new story with new characters, so you’ll get to see the same world Rick Grimes did, but now from a different point of view

Here's a teaser trailer for the game...

Attachments

• walkingdead.jpg
    walkingdead.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,413
Last edited by a moderator:
Riddle me this Batmen :D

Why were the choices that were being made at the very end with Lee and Clementine being remembered? It kept saying Clementine will remember this and this from what Lee was telling her to do.

Could Season 2 be more focused on Clementine and the last Decisions that Lee, as the player, made?

Good thinking Batma... erm, I mean Riddler! You might just be on to something there. :D

Reactions: ocielz
Something else that I've always wondered about (but it slipped my mind for a moment due to the emotional ending) is whether Christa...

...is pregnant. I Googled it and came across this, which pretty much makes me think she definitely is! I guess that could possibly be seen as another clue to them continuing with the old characters, as there's still a lot we don't know about Christa and Omid.

According to IGN, one of Telltale Games' writers' Gary Whitta said fans of The Walking Dead's episodic game series "won't have to wait for season two to play more Walking Dead. Specifically, Whitta said "I can tell you what you already know, which is season two is coming. There’s not much to say because it really is very early...it’s a way off. But, knowing that it’s a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more walking Dead...there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two," said Whitta.

"We may have a little something extra for you between season one and two.” Specifically, “something” is in the works “that will make the wait for season two slightly less agonizing.”

IGN asked more clarification, but I think it's a safe bet that fans will be seeing some Walking Dead 1.5 before long since Telltale knows that anything they put out will be quickly consumed by their large fanbase. The Walking Dead games took the world by surprise in 2012 with their immersive story telling that pulled even those who are not fans of the show deep into the games, and the next “season” is highly anticipated as a result.

Coming soon for XBLA, PS3, PSVita, PC/Mac and iOS!

Intriguing that they are releasing this as DLC for Season One rather than a whole new season altogether. I'll definitely buy it; I loved Season One! :scat:

Yeah, I can't really understand that either. Not that I'm complaining though... I'm sure it'll be awesome! :LOL:

Reactions: Sixteenvolt420

This special DLC episode features five short stories set during the first 400 Days of the undead apocalypse, giving you a unique perspective on the world seen in Season One of the series.

I'm gonna wait to pick it up next week, as it came out on a very busy week for the psn .there is just to much going on psn to give this game it's proper time.

The Walking Dead: Season Two continues the story of Clementine, a young girl orphaned by the undead apocalypse. Left to fend for herself, she has been forced to learn how to survive in a world gone mad.

Many months have passed since the events seen in Season One of The Walking Dead, and Clementine is searching for safety. But what can an ordinary child do to stay alive when the living can be just as bad -- and sometimes worse -- than the dead?

As Clementine, you will be tested by situations and dilemmas that will test your morals and your instinct for survival. Your decisions and actions will change the story around you, in this sequel to 2012's Game of the Year.

Key Features:

-Decisions you made in Season One and in 400 Days will affect your story in Season Two
-Based on Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic books
-Play as Clementine, an orphaned girl forced to grow up fast by the world around her
-A sequel to 2012's Game of the Year

Reactions: STARKILLER 1138
I'd kind of forgotten all about this game, hence the lack of news/updates in here. But, this one just caught my eye, and I hope to get back on track with the game soon!

Telltale Games have just announced that The Walking Dead will be coming to Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Also announced was the retail release of TWD: Season Two for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Today, we can confirm that The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – Season One and The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series - Season Two will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year. Furthermore, The Walking Dead - Season Two will be released as retail discs for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 following their continuing success as digital downloads.

wd2.jpg

wd1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut and ocielz