The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season (Limited Edition) [USA]

RELEASE DATE: Aug. 28, 2012
ORDER: Amazon

wd.jpg

LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE: Zombie Statue Created by McFarlane Toys and Designed by Greg Nicotero.

ORIGINAL POST:
6853169119_4d86ba43fd_b.jpg

6853170871_789556e0e8_b.jpg

6853169961_7fd88b19cb_b.jpg

6853195639_cbaca4db65_b.jpg

EEK! EEK!

You know what we can never have enough of? The rotting heads of freshly decapitated zombies, that's what! They are not only versatile when decorating your home, but can really add a touch of class to any joint! That's why we're excited to bring you this exclusive first look at AMC's "The Walking Dead" Season 2 DVD case from our friends at McFarlane Toys! This version of the case, featuring a screwdriver-skewered head atop the show's logo, will be available with the Special Edition Blu-Ray. While comparing it to the Blu-Ray packaging hidden in the neck means that this sucker isn't quite life-size, the sheer grossness of the thing totally makes up for it! Just look at those teeth! The prototype for the case will be featured at the McFarlane toys booth during Toy Fair, along with a number of other zombie-related goodies. And it's all just in time for the eagerly awaited second half of season 2!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/The-Walking-Dead-The-Complete-Second-Season-Blu-ray/B007MS5B6Q

Last edited by a moderator:
Spawnshop works for them, and has had a hand in Walking Dead toys before .... Where is he with our inside news!? ;)

Reactions: spawnshop
It's awesome, but would have preferred it to house at least series 1 & 2, if not space for more..

just a prototype for now ... may never see the light of day or get some edits to its design if it does. Guess a custom digipack coudl fit all the discs inside for all seasons. ;) or possibly enoguh room for future steelies. :drool: 3 seasons worth at least. ;p

just a prototype for now ... may never see the light of day or get some edits to its design if it does. Guess a custom digipack coudl fit all the discs inside for all seasons. ;) or possibly enoguh room for future steelies. :drool: 3 seasons worth at least. ;p

sounds good to me :)

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments! Very awesome to hear everyone so stoked!

Well, this one is a prototype, but the overall design will not change. It is made to house the series 2 Blu-ray set. As of now, that's not changing. What the pics don't really show is that the screwdriver is actually removable and to open it up, you will have to stab the zombie in the eye, just like in episode 1 of season 2 with the RV Zombie. The plan is to have a small lock that the screwdriver will unlock.

The head itself is not life-size, but darn close.
This is actually based of a scan we did of that actual prop.
I personally did a lot of digital work on this one, and I am very happy with how it came out. There were 2 other sculptors and 2 other modelers that also worked on this as well.
We did this in record time too - sculpt & design from start to finish in 2-3 weeks.
More into to follow.... (I can't reveal anymore now ;) )

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help get a hold of any of these, sorry, so please don't ask. (I can't even get one myself :( ). We were commissioned by Anchor Bay to do this, and we sell all of our product to them, then they pack it out in the final package.
But I can tell you this - get your pre-orders in as soon as they come up, or pick one off the shelf as soon as you see it. ;)

I believe we are also premiering our line-up for our TV Series 2 action figures at Toy Fair. That's what I'm working on now!

Be sure to tune in tonight for the premier of the second half of season 2. I know I can't wait!

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments! Very awesome to hear everyone so stoked!

Well, this one is a prototype, but the overall design will not change. It is made to house the series 2 Blu-ray set. As of now, that's not changing. What the pics don't really show is that the screwdriver is actually removable and to open it up, you will have to stab the zombie in the eye, just like in episode 1 of season 2 with the RV Zombie. The plan is to have a small lock that the screwdriver will unlock.

The head itself is not life-size, but darn close.
This is actually based of a scan we did of that actual prop.
I personally did a lot of digital work on this one, and I am very happy with how it came out. There were 2 other sculptors and 2 other modelers that also worked on this as well.
We did this in record time too - sculpt & design from start to finish in 2-3 weeks.
More into to follow.... (I can't reveal anymore now ;) )

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help get a hold of any of these, sorry, so please don't ask. (I can't even get one myself :( ). We were commissioned by Anchor Bay to do this, and we sell all of our product to them, then they pack it out in the final package.
But I can tell you this - get your pre-orders in as soon as they come up, or pick one off the shelf as soon as you see it. ;)

I believe we are also premiering our line-up for our TV Series 2 action figures at Toy Fair. That's what I'm working on now!

Be sure to tune in tonight for the premier of the second half of season 2. I know I can't wait!

you're actually making this yourself ?

that's pretty awesome if so

you're actually making this yourself ?

that's pretty awesome if so

Thanks

Well, I (with others in my design group) create the prototype which we then send overseas for mass production.
But we create the original design complete - a fully working model (Which is what the pictures are of.)

Are they still making The first wave of Walking Dead Figures?? I thought I saw some for $20.00 or so. It had Michonne(Comic), Darryl and Rick comic and TV versions.

Spawn, you did a phenomenal job at helping recreating this thing. :drool: I remember that zombie that Andrea had to fight off. I remember that episode, creepy-like the zombie was looking for something. That is really neat that you have to insert the screwdriver to open the head. I love zombies, I'll be keeping a lookout for this when Anchor Bay decides to release it.

Anyways the next episode is almost on so it's time for TV. :movie: