The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Limited Edition) [USA/CA/UK/FR]

Aug 29, 2011
Brazil
RELEASE DATE: Aug. 27, 2013 [USA/CA] / Sept. 30, 2013 [UK; Amazon Exclusive] / TBA [FR]

ORDER:
Amazon [USA]
Amazon [CA]
Amazon [UK]
Amazon [FR]

$74.99 here
walkingdead_season3_dvd_mtvgeek3.jpg

walkingdead_season3_dvd_mtvgeek5.jpg

"Anchor Bay Entertainment, McFarlane Toys and AMC unveiled the design of The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu-Ray Set. The set features a replica of The Governor's walker head aquariums seen earlier in Season 3. As an added interactive bonus, the aquariums can actually be filled with water and come with five walker heads that can be arranged in any order. Plus, the aquariums light up. The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu-Ray Set will be available through most mass retail stores later this year."

Amazing!! :drool:

Attachments

• wd3.jpg
    wd3.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 735
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 337
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God, I'm gonna be like a kid on Christmas Eve from now until August, sweel. i'll get it whatever the cost

did you work on this one to Spawn?

Yup, i was the project lead on this, as well as initial concept. I personally scanned prop zombie heads from Greg Nicotero on set.
(As soon as we saw the fishtanks on set, we knew it had to be the next boxset!)
I also did a lot of digital modeling on it as well. The heads were later cast in wax for the sculptors to super detail. Not sure if it was mentioned in the article, but the heads are mounted on springs so they have a slight creepy movement in the water.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Nice Mike!

I'm sure it will be a nice set but gotta ensure the waterproofing is top notch, having water in the tanks with the disk set in a compartment right next to it :eek:

Reactions: spawnshop
Nice Mike!

I'm sure it will be a nice set but gotta ensure the waterproofing is top notch, having water in the tanks with the disk set in a compartment right next to it :eek:

Ha! I already thought of that (from a collectors perspective). Unless you end up shaking it or knocking it over, the digipack will be safe :)
The tanks are designed sort of like tupper ware containers.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Here's the official MTV Geek article:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2013/02/07/walking-dead-third-season-blu-ray-case/

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

any ideas the dimensions on this and where the disk's are being placed ? Got to start planning ahead on where this is going to go in the house :hilarious:

Check the first pic - you can see where the Blu-ray will be housed in the tank on the back right (see the empty space?) So, overall, it's about 10"-11" tall. The "3" of Season 3 is the light switch ;)

walkingdead_season3_dvd_mtvgeek3.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Can't wait to get one:D

Spawnshop
Job well done Sir to you and your helpers:cool:

Thanks man, I really appreciate it! :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

This is so awesome! Nice work Spawn! :scat:

Curious, Do you know if Anchor Bay has any plans to release the Digipack by it self?

Sorry, no idea. But my guess is "no". It makes this even more exclusive ;)