Upcoming The War of the Worlds (3-Part Miniseries) [BBC One]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
WW-BBC.jpg

Source: ComingSoon
The three-part miniseries BBC One adaptation of the H.G. Wells literary masterpiece The War of the Worlds has begun filming in Liverpool.

Based on the novel of the same name, the series is set in 1900s Edwardian England and follows a couple choosing to defy societal constructs with their love, only for their story to be interrupted when a Martian invasion has them fighting for their lives. The couple will be portrayed by Rafe Spall, known for starring in the Blood and Cornetto trilogy and The Big Short, and Eleanor Tomlinson, known for her roles in Jack the Giant Slayer and Death Comes to Pemberly.

Maybe it's me but I have very very little faith in the BBC these days. I can't remember the last time I watched a BBC show. I think I'll stick to the 1954 classic even if it does stray away from the book big time. Also it must be pretty hard not to be influenced by these classic machines from the George Pal version. (Unless the director has never seen it. Very very unlikely)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Maybe it's me but I have very very little faith in the BBC these days. I can't remember the last time I watched a BBC show. I think I'll stick to the 1954 classic even if it does stray away from the book big time. Also it must be pretty hard not to be influenced by these classic machines from the George Pal version. (Unless the director has never seen it. Very very unlikely)
I'll be looking forward to the first teaser/trailer ;) Hope this is good!