Mediabook The Warriors (Blu-ray + DVD Mediabook) [Austria]

tha_lunatic

C.R.E.A.M
Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: October 18, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon - Pretz Media (Cover A) / Amazon - Pretz Media (Cover B)
Price: €34.99 (Pretz Media) - €38.99 (Amazon)
Note: Limited to 1000 copies Cover A, and 500 copies Cover B

33528079zz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on if this is the theatrical cut, there seems to be no confirmation from what I can see online (I would be very pleasantly surprised if it is but I dont want to pre-order until confirmation is provided)

Any update on if this is the theatrical cut, there seems to be no confirmation from what I can see online (I would be very pleasantly surprised if it is but I dont want to pre-order until confirmation is provided)
Try reading a few posts up. ;)

Reactions: navydavey
Try reading a few posts up. ;)

As far as i can find out though the creators of this edition have still not confirmed its the theatrical version, if I didnt already own the steelbook edition I would take a punt on this one but as it stands hopefully it gets confirmed 100% that it is the theatrical version (wont truly know till its released i guess) and then ill try and grab a copy if its still available

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
As far as i can find out though the creators of this edition have still not confirmed its the theatrical version, if I didnt already own the steelbook edition I would take a punt on this one but as it stands hopefully it gets confirmed 100% that it is the theatrical version (wont truly know till its released i guess) and then ill try and grab a copy if its still available
That's fair enough then mate. To be honest, I'm still a little sceptical myself... if it is indeed the theatrical cut, then you'd expect them to make it clear, since that'd make it a lot more desirable to potential buyers.

Like you said... I guess we'll just have to wait and see to know for sure!

89min, so theatrical cut
WRONG. That's the length for the DVD disc, which is also in PAL format. The Blu-Ray disc is 93 minutes, which is equal to the length of the Director's Cut. Comparing this PAL DVD to the UK Paramount DVDs, the theatrical cut is listed at 89 minutes in PAL and the Ultimate Director's Cut is 90 minutes in PAL. Take away the PAL speed-up of 4%, you get 92 minutes and 93 minutes respectively. It should also be noted the US Director's Cut Blu-Ray is 93 minutes also. All that said, it's fair to say the Blu-Ray will not contain the Theatrical Cut.
I also wanna note the guy who wrote the Mediabook (Christoph N. Kellerbach) stated on Facebook that this set would include the Theatrical Cut, but did not specify if it were on the Blu-Ray, the DVD, or both. When other people including myself reached out to him for a more definitive answer, he responded with "sugar-coated" remarks and kept trying to change the conversation. Now he's not responding to anyone's questions about the release and he's going on a blocking spree. What a tool.
Guess I'll stick with my HD UV copy for now. Better than nothing.

• Informative
WRONG. That's the length for the DVD disc, which is also in PAL format. The Blu-Ray disc is 93 minutes, which is equal to the length of the Director's Cut. Comparing this PAL DVD to the UK Paramount DVDs, the theatrical cut is listed at 89 minutes in PAL and the Ultimate Director's Cut is 90 minutes in PAL. Take away the PAL speed-up of 4%, you get 92 minutes and 93 minutes respectively. It should also be noted the US Director's Cut Blu-Ray is 93 minutes also. All that said, it's fair to say the Blu-Ray will not contain the Theatrical Cut.
I also wanna note the guy who wrote the Mediabook (Christoph N. Kellerbach) stated on Facebook that this set would include the Theatrical Cut, but did not specify if it were on the Blu-Ray, the DVD, or both. When other people including myself reached out to him for a more definitive answer, he responded with "sugar-coated" remarks and kept trying to change the conversation. Now he's not responding to anyone's questions about the release and he's going on a blocking spree. What a tool.
Guess I'll stick with my HD UV copy for now. Better than nothing.
Hmm well, that's a shame. But many thanks for clarifying!

Welcome to HDN by the way! It's a pleasure to have you here. :)

Someone at a different forum stated that the Blu-ray is the theatrical cut, and it doesn't have the comic book transitions from the directors cut. Can anyone here confirm?

Finally got this one, the blu-ray disc tray is slightly snapped but still not too bad, I've swapped the disc out for the one in my Zavvi steelbook so now I have the theatrical cut on blu-ray in a steelbook, we finally got there people! :)

• Thanks
Finally got this one, the blu-ray disc tray is slightly snapped but still not too bad, I've swapped the disc out for the one in my Zavvi steelbook so now I have the theatrical cut on blu-ray in a steelbook, we finally got there people! :)
I've done the same. :thumbs: