The Witch (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: July 25, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £42.99 (Amazon - HMV)

TheWitchExplodedPackshot_bright_1024x1024@2x.png

TheWitch_3DPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Features
  • 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • Archive audio commentary by Director Robert Eggers
  • New audio commentary by film writer and broadcaster Anna Bogutskaya
  • A Puritan Nightmare: a new interview with Robert Eggers
  • Embracing Darkness: a new interview with Anya Taylor-Joy
  • Love Thy Father: a new interview Ralph Ineson
  • A Pious Wife: a new interview with Actor Kate Dickie
  • Caleb’s Lament: a new interview with Actor Harvey Scrimshaw
  • A Primal Folktale: features interviews with Robert Eggers and cast
  • BFI London Film Festival Q&A with Robert Eggers, Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Ineson and Producer Jay Van Hoy
  • Brothers: a short film by Robert Eggers
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
  • 150 page hardback book with new essays by Emerson Baker, Daniel Bird, Anton Bitel, Charles Bramesco, Lillian Crawford, Shelagh Rowan-Legg and Anya Stanley plus stills, costume and production design gallery.
  • 6 collectors' art cards
Catalogue number: 2NDBR4143
Certificate: 15
Region: 4K UHD Region Free / Blu-ray Region B

Only got Revenge and Censor recently, this looks great, but don't know if movie is good.
Like goufcustom said it was good, personally I loved it I thought it was brilliant and unique, which is what I love.
However alot of people did not like it they expected another THE CONJURING or something, apparently they love jumpscares.

Not a fan of jump scares myself...something this movie luckily does not have.
It's a slow burn with a disturbing ending and a great atmosphere throughout the movie.
I recommend watching it before you decide to purchase, its definitely high up my "greatest horror movies of all time" list.

Last edited:
Like goufcustom said it was good, personally I loved it I thought it was brilliant and unique which is what I love.
However alot of people did not like it they expected another THE CONJURING or something apparently they love jumpscares.

Not a fan of jump scares myself...something this movie luckily does not have it's a slow burn with a disturbing ending and a great atmosphere throughout the movie.
I recommend watching it before you decide to purchase, its definitely high up my "greatest horror movies of all time" list.
Yeah, thanks, I don't like jump scares either, will check it out - got a 'file' somewhere on one of the HDDs...:pirate:

How is the packaging from them for international orders, any bubble wrap or some sort of protection?
Yes, an extreme amount of bubble wrap, could've been delivered by Ace Ventura, and arrived undamaged!

I want it but just can't justify £39.99 for it when I got the steelbook for about £15 on Zavvi. Same thing with their edition of the guest which is £49.99... I got the steelbook brand new from music magpie for £3. I know there's lots of new features, but it's not like any restoration work is going into these recent films so I don't get why they're priced so high.

I want it but just can't justify £39.99 for it when I got the steelbook for about £15 on Zavvi. Same thing with their edition of the guest which is £49.99... I got the steelbook brand new from music magpie for £3. I know there's lots of new features, but it's not like any restoration work is going into these recent films so I don't get why they're priced so high.

You could say the same for at least some of the FA releases. But SS has new matching art and book, not flimsy booklet and IMO bit useless stuff. This set looks good. And way cheaper than FA releases that all are not even 4K like Ant man and WASP ...