The Witch (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: July 25, 2022
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £39.99 (Second Sight - Zavvi) - £42.99 (Amazon - HMV)

TheWitchExplodedPackshot_bright_1024x1024@2x.png

TheWitch_3DPackshot_1024x1024@2x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Second Sight now show this as a dual format edition with special features on both discs:

Special Features
  • Dual format 4K UHD and Blu-ray (bonus features included on boh discs)
  • 4K UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
  • Archive audio commentary by Director Robert Eggers
  • New audio commentary by film writer and broadcaster Anna Bogutskaya
  • A Puritan Nightmare: a new interview with Robert Eggers
  • Embracing Darkness: a new interview with Anya Taylor-Joy
  • Love Thy Father: a new interview Ralph Ineson
  • A Pious Wife: a new interview with Actor Kate Dickie
  • Caleb’s Lament: a new interview with Actor Harvey Scrimshaw
  • A Primal Folktale: features interviews with Robert Eggers and cast
  • BFI London Film Festival Q&A with Robert Eggers, Anya Taylor-Joy, Ralph Ineson and Producer Jay Van Hoy
  • Brothers: a short film by Robert Eggers
  • Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired

Limited Edition Contents
  • Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
  • 150 page hardback book with new essays by Emerson Baker, Daniel Bird, Anton Bitel, Charles Bramesco, Lillian Crawford, Shelagh Rowan-Legg and Anya Stanley plus stills, costume and production design gallery.
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Reactions: Lord Vader
This new artwork doesn´t even look similar to the earlier ones. And that the creator put all animals on the front to see that it is really The Witch shows how uninspired that one is. Also the sepia treatment is looking strange in a bad way and it doesn´t look like a horror-movie anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Space Cadet
This new artwork doesn´t even look similar to the earlier ones. And that the creator put all animals on the front to see that it is really The Witch shows how uninspired that one is. Also the sepia treatment is looking strange in a bad way and it doesn´t look like a horror-movie anymore.

Color thing is so ... far out I cannot even comment it. About earlier art : it was all about ... see for yourself : (and you can see the sepia was there from day one) ...

satan-goat.jpg

Reactions: Balraj
Color thing is so ... far out I cannot even comment it. About earlier art : it was all about ... see for yourself : (and you can see the sepia was there from day one) ...

View attachment 528327
Ok I´v eseen it. It was used for the NA release. Then sorry - I confounded that.
51SQavvVTtL.jpg

The earlier treatment from the steelbook looked better imo and the blueish style is quite good. I thought it is the original one.
81y5Tjh1iYL._SL1290_.jpg

What stays is the sh!tty new artwork on the slip - I just don´t like it, but maybe it looks better in real.

Last edited:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we need to delay our release of The Witch until June 20th. We have made this decision in order to create a new HDR grade for the 4K UHD release, working closely with director Robert Eggers who will be supervising. This is going to take some time but we felt it was an important decision to make and will allow us to present the film in the best possible way.

We’re very sorry about this delay but hope you’ll agree it will be worth spending the additional time on this release.

Second Sight Films

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we need to delay our release of The Witch until June 20th. We have made this decision in order to create a new HDR grade for the 4K UHD release, working closely with director Robert Eggers who will be supervising. This is going to take some time but we felt it was an important decision to make and will allow us to present the film in the best possible way.

We’re very sorry about this delay but hope you’ll agree it will be worth spending the additional time on this release.

Second Sight Films

Love Second Sight for doing this

Reactions: Shark
Yeah it's all good!
Was a nice surprise to find out they are working on a new 4K HDR grade and happy to hear they are making sure its right