Now Streaming The Witcher (Season 3) [Netflix]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

Sapkowski - who does not profit from the game series - will serve as a creative consultant on the series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories," he explained in a press release, "staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing."

Tomas Baginski - who directed the intro videos for all three Witcher games, as well as the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer - will direct at least one episode per season.

It's not clear as yet what specific stories the series will follow. Executive producers Sean Daniel and Jason Brown (The Expanse), said: “The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world. The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”

Platige Image, a Polish production and visual effects house will co-produce. Executive producers Baginski and Jarek Sawko emphasised that the books' subtexts will not be lost in the adaptation: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”

No release date, casting, or further directorial choices have been revealed at time of writing.

Source: IGN

witcher.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Shocked.

Really happy that Cavill gets to be Superman again, but it sucks that it came at the cost of Geralt. I understand that it's probably impossible to do both at the same time.
its really going to change the show going forward. Happy we still get him for next season at least.

That said, Im incredibly curious how Hemsworths version of the character will be. Even just the look. Maybe make him have a beard instead of clean shaven?
He just seems so much younger in my mind that might help age him up?

This also feels like an odd time to announce this news as well. With the 3rd season not coming for another 6 months... You'd think they would have waited until after it came out? ...or maybe they want to start filming right away?

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly Henry Cavill took this role around the time that the rumours were swirling that he wouldn't be playing Superman anymore and not by his choice. Because Warner Brothers wanted to ditch the whole Snyderverse and move on.

Reactions: kaw
I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly Henry Cavill took this role around the time that the rumours were swirling that he wouldn't be playing Superman anymore and not by his choice. Because Warner Brothers wanted to ditch the whole Snyderverse and move on.

Oh for sure. I think for sure he thought he was done. Everyone did.
Must have been a hard choice. But i get it. I don't blame him one bit for choosing Supes.

Reactions: Stygian
Considering it's still Henry Cavill, i'll watch it. But after i sincerely don't see Liam as Witcher. Not even close. :-/