Now Streaming The Witcher (Season 3) [Netflix]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

Sapkowski - who does not profit from the game series - will serve as a creative consultant on the series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories," he explained in a press release, "staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing."

Tomas Baginski - who directed the intro videos for all three Witcher games, as well as the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer - will direct at least one episode per season.

It's not clear as yet what specific stories the series will follow. Executive producers Sean Daniel and Jason Brown (The Expanse), said: “The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world. The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”

Platige Image, a Polish production and visual effects house will co-produce. Executive producers Baginski and Jarek Sawko emphasised that the books' subtexts will not be lost in the adaptation: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”

No release date, casting, or further directorial choices have been revealed at time of writing.

Source: IGN

witcher.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Watched the first episode last night before bed. I'm shocked at the scale of it. The budget must be insane.
Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Saw first two episodes yesterday, will continue tonight. It's a series to invest your time in. Also the quality and amount of money they pumped into this certainly shows.Give it a go, you won't be sorry.
Yeah I jumped into episode 2 after I posted last night, the show is awesome. I'll definitely finish watching the rest of the season. :D

Reactions: GeoRattray
Managed to get the next 3 three off the list, so now up to 5. It's so good :thumbs:
Yep, I'm up to 5 as well, it's turning out to be very good. They did a great job with all the sets and townsfolk. Everything looks awesome.
I like that little groan he makes when he's perplexed or frustrated with something, it just adds to his character that much more.

Yep, I'm up to 5 as well, it's turning out to be very good. They did a great job with all the sets and townsfolk. Everything looks awesome.
I like that little groan he makes when he's perplexed or frustrated with something, it just adds to his character that much more.
Yep, that SPOILER is such his trademark within the show :thumbs:

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Loved this show, hoping season 2 we'll see more progress to the storyline.
Ep.3 was a favourite of mine with the Witcher going up against the Striga monster. Would love to see more similar hunting ventures in future episodes.

Managed to get the final 3 episodes watched last night, something called Christmas got in the way :D

I like this so much. Now the patient wait for season 2 :thumbs: