The Wizard of Oz: Limited Edition Anniversary Collection (4K + Blu-Ray + CD) [UK]

lenticularis

Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Kent, UK
Release date: October 28, 2019
Purchase links: HMV - Warner Bros UK - Amazon UK
Price: £59.99 (HMV - WB Shop) - £60.00 (Amazon)

WOZ2.png

• Description
    The Wizard of Oz: Limited Edition Anniversary Collection (Includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray & CD)
    For the first time ever remastered in 4K Ultra HD! Own The Wizard of Oz film alongside the CD soundtrack in this truly unique 80th Anniversary boxset. Showcased in a stunning pop-up design, this collection contains 4 discs (4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray feature, Blu-ray special features, and CD soundtrack), a set of premium art cards, a reproduction of the original film poster, and the marvellous map of Oz.
    One of the best-loved movies of all time. THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939) stars Judy Garland as Dorothy, a young Kansas farm girl who is whisked away by a twister to the land of Oz. Accompanied by a brainless Scarecrow, a heartless Tin Man and a cowardly Lion. Dorothy and her little dog, Toto, follow the Yellow Brick Road seeking the Wizard of Oz. In order that he may grant her wish to return home.
    Extras TBC

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sigill and Noodles

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Premium Supporter
Looks like a nice set and the pop up packaging is a nice touch. Seems a bit pricey though, if there’s a lot printed I’m sure this will come down in price later on.

Reactions: Flloydo

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
I have the 70th anniv and the 75th anniv editions (love the wonderful boxsets) so not sure about this one.
Rather pricey and the forthcoming 4K Steel (Dorothy in poppies) is gorgeous so it may suffice. :)
I won't let the fact this is my fave film of all time influence my decision at all.....:giggle:

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Looks like a nice set and the pop up packaging is a nice touch. Seems a bit pricey though, if there’s a lot printed I’m sure this will come down in price later on.
I hope there is a lot printed. I wouldn’t mind this at some point but I’ll be honest. Half the price. Maybe £40 ish

I mean it’s a very old film. The first colour movie ffs haha. But yeah lovely set

Reactions: Sigill

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Premium Supporter
I hope there is a lot printed. I wouldn’t mind this at some point but I’ll be honest. Half the price. Maybe £40 ish

I mean it’s a very old film. The first colour movie ffs haha. But yeah lovely set
Haha Yeah I’m pretty sure they won’t make this too limited. Hopefully the price drop won’t be too far away. £40 sounds a fair price to me! :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
Mar 24, 2013
This definitely not the first three-strip technicolour movie and maybe about the 50th after the first full length drama feature - BECKY SHARP (1935) . . . between that and WIZARD there were such gems as ROBIN HOOD and SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS.

As for pop-up Collector's Editions in the UK: the digibook with the three films from Guillermo del Toro is my favourite example:-
1566871559608.png

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter