Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Wonder

Genre: Drama, Mystery

Director: Sebastián Lelio

Cast: Florence Pugh, Tom Burke, Niamh Algar, Elaine Cassidy, Kíla Lord Cassidy, Toby Jones, Ciarán Hinds, Dermot Crowley, Brían F. O'Byrne, David Wilmot

Plot: Set in the Irish Midlands in 1859 as an English nurse, Lib Wright, goes to a tiny village to observe what some see as a medical anomaly and others a miracle, that a girl has survived without food for months. Tourists flock to see 11-year-old Anna O’Donnell, and a journalist has come to cover the sensation as two strangers transform each other’s lives in a story of love pitted against evil.

The Wonder is an incredible film. Horrible but incredible. And Pugh again smashes it. The whole cast does.

2 things I’m grateful for in life.

1). That I’m not religious or born into religion.

2). That I was born when I was born.

Period dramas always freak me out, or anything pre turn of the century. F**k living like that. The Victorian era really scares me for some reason. It’s just so depressing, dark and backward. And this is a psychological period drama so it’s even more daunting. Great film though

Also the score is beautiful. Eerie but beautiful. The piece of music on the credits particularly. Wouldn’t mind getting it on vinyl

The Wonder is an incredible film. Horrible but incredible. And Pugh again smashes it. The whole cast does.

2 things I’m grateful for in life.

1). That I’m not religious or born into religion.

2). That I was born when I was born.

Period dramas always freak me out, or anything pre turn of the century. F**k living like that. The Victorian era really scares me for some reason. It’s just so depressing, dark and backward. And this is a psychological period drama so it’s even more daunting. Great film though

Also the score is beautiful. Eerie but beautiful. The piece of music on the credits particularly. Wouldn’t mind getting it on vinyl
Pugh can't do no wrong lately. Saw the opening scene to this and it immediately gripped me. Hoping to watch it this weekend!

Reactions: Flloydo
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database