The World of Kanako (Blu-ray Slipbox) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Announced on Facebook. Coming soon!

Kanako.jpg

Oh nice! Nakashima's work may not be to everyone's taste but he's nothing if not consistent with the weight he drops on the audience. Confessions is still my favorite but I've been wanting a less expensive but equally sleek release of this one and looks like I'm going to get it. A great choice. :hungry::smug:

For real? They are actually gonna use that art? So what if my predictions about the spine slash become real? :wow: I was only joking earlier :cautious:
Not that anything wrong with the art btw...

The outcase is definitely poor. However it says it's going to be a special material allowing for an ice effect through the scanavo. Can only guess something similar to Plain's PET case? Don't really understand what they mean lol.

Hope to see real shots of it although I think this will be the version I get regardless.

The outcase is definitely poor. However it says it's going to be a special material allowing for an ice effect through the scanavo. Can only guess something similar to Plain's PET case? Don't really understand what they mean lol.

Hope to see real shots of it although I think this will be the version I get regardless.
I like the art. It's in the same style as the art direction for both the movie itself and the original marketing and promotional material.

As for the ice effect, are you sure that's referring to the outer case? From what I can work out about the inside case artwork, there will be two inserts - the one with the logo is on a frosted/semi-transparent paper that sits on top of the one with the character portraits creating a see-through effect.

At any rate, I doubt there will be a nicer English-friendly version of this movie out on Blu-ray. Third Window Films have cancelled their release and I can't imagine the new distributor going all out for a special edition. I will miss the English subtitled extras, but I'm sure the final package will be impressive enough.

As for the ice effect, are you sure that's referring to the outer case? From what I can work out about the inside case artwork, there will be two inserts - the one with the logo is on a frosted/semi-transparent paper that sits on top of the one with the character portraits creating a see-through effect.

Yes I meant the inner case I just didn't phrase it very well or got lazy and didn't correct. :rofl:

@AlienKing yes you can pre-order June 18th

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienKing